Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Young Driver

Florida Newbie

Young Driver

Hi, I would like to rent a car when we visit Orlando, but it seems there is a $25 per day surcharge for all the firms as I'm 22. Is this a legal thing I presume?
    If we name my wife (who is 25) can i be added as second driver for cheaper do you know? Sorry if this is a worn out question, but I thought I read there was a rule change regarding this- but I may be wrong.

Administrator
    If you book through us and select Alamo or National, then you can add the Young Driver Package which will save you a fortune. You can be lead driver and your wife can optionally drive. There will be no other charges when you collect the car.

Florida Newbie
    We are off to Florida next sunday and my son (23) has hired a car with the Alamo ydp and we were wondering if it is possible to upgrade the car from the one supplied with the package or are there restrictions on what he can drive ? Ray

Upgrading at the airport will cost a small fortune probably, so, assuming you rented from this site, I'd email them and see how you can do it. You might have to cancel and book again. I don't think there's any restrictions regarding the type of car a young driver can drive, except maybe some special or luxury cars. Again emailing USCarhire you should be able to know.

Administrator
    That's fine, just send an email to us at info@uscarhire.co.uk with your order number and we will quote for the size of car you want to upgrade to. There is no admin fee, so it's just the price difference between the car booked and car you want. I think at present the only car type that wont be available is the 12/15 seater for your dates.

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for info however he did not book with uscarhire but with xxx (name deleted) as we are new to the forum . Iguess he will upgrade when we get there this time , just wondered if it was possible for a young driver . Now that we know about uscarhire we will certainly give them a try for next year . Thanks again for the help, Ray.
    Last edited by caroline; 24-07-2011 at 09:17.