Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Booking Late

If you are looking at renting a villa and using public transport/taxi then it may be best to know the villa that you are staying in advance. I doubt that mine, for example, would be very good for you as you really do need a car. If you have specific requirements, such as this, then you are definitely better booking in advance as your already limiting your choice of villas that would be suitable.

Personally, for me, the anticipation of the holiday is part of the holiday enjoyment ... so knowing where I was going to stay would definitely be an advantage.
    Euan

Florida Newbie
    Hi, I had posted a reply but it seems to have vanished.
    I had figured that would be the case with Villa rental prices due to taxes etc, but thought it was worth asking. Just want as much money to hit the great shopping malls in Florida I guess!
    Another quick question, I would like to rent a car and drive myself, but it seems there is a $25 per day surcharge for all the firms as I'm 22. Is this a legal thing I presume?
    If we name my wife (who is 25) can i be added as second driver for cheaper do you know? Sorry if this is a worn out question, but I thought I read there was a rule change regarding this- but I may be wrong.

Thanks for all the help

We offer guests a discount for booking IN ADVANCE so there is no advantage to them to leave it to the last minute. We find that many prefer this option especially if they have booked with us before or like our development and so want to stay with us.
    Last edited by Jeanmd; 20-06-2011 at 18:15.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor89 View Post
    Another quick question, I would like to rent a car and drive myself, but it seems there is a $25 per day surcharge for all the firms as I'm 22. Is this a legal thing I presume?
    If we name my wife (who is 25) can i be added as second driver for cheaper do you know? Sorry if this is a worn out question, but I thought I read there was a rule change regarding this- but I may be wrong.

Thanks for all the help
    It might be better if you post your question regarding under 25 drivers surcharges in the car hire section as I am not aware of a rule change but am sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

Have you tried the car rental website on here? I just simulated a rental for two weeks in september: compact two doors, gold inclusive: £310 regular price, £437 young driver, which is "only" a £9 per day surcharge. As far as I know, if you appear on the contract, you'll get the same surcharge no matter if you're the main driver or not, but I might be wrong. You should take a look at the carhire section on this forum or email Uscarhire : http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/ and someone will get back to you real soon. Their customer service is really good.

Florida Chatterbox
    Of course if you want a specific villa you need to book well in advance. Sometimes as much as 2 years in advance.

That said, there are a huge number of villas for rent in the Kissimmee/Davenport area and, if you are fairly flexible in terms of the actual villa, you will get one no problem.

Florida Newbie
    Hi, I have taken your advice and emailed US Car Hire and also posted the question in the car rental section of this site.
    Thanks for the pointers on that one and I'll let you all know of any rule changes sure.

I'm also thinking of booking the villa that I want and then chancing with the flights- bit risky I know! But might as well take advantage of not having kids and I'm sure we'll find some way of getting there.

Thanks again for all the advice