Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: advise re disney Please.

Florida Newbie

advise re disney Please.

We have been to orlando 5 times ( LOVE IT ) and have always gone to the same theme parks, but have never been to any disney park, we are all adults, myself, wife, and grown up son and girlfriend, we have always thought disney was more for the kids, are we mistaken ? as on our next visit we wondered about giving it a go. Any advise would be very welcome .Thanks Ian

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I would definitely give it a go. EPCOT would be a must for us, Hollywood Studios has lots of 'grown up' things to do. Magic Kingdom is the most child orientated park but is still worth a visit if you have never been. If you like animals then Animal Kingdom is worth a visit, but visit early to get the best out of the Safari Ride.
    Lyn

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Depending on the time of year you visit, Disney have special events on as well. These are mainly in Epcot, like the food and wine festival that is coming up this year.
    CERI

We are an adult only family and do the Disney Parks. I would agree that Magic Kingdom is more for small children but we really enjoy Animal Kingdom and Epcot. I also love Fantasmic in MGM / Hollywood Studios, where we were there in November the Osbourn Family Lights were amazing.[clap]
    Diane.

I have to agree, now our boys are grown up, they have no real interest in the Magic Kingdom. However if you have never been it is still well worth a visit.

We now mainly do Epcot, where we have had a couple of great New Years Eves, and Animal Kingdom which is still a family favorite.
    Graham

We are also adults, but love EPCOT and MGM studios. Animal Kingdom is also worth a visit.
    Bente

Florida Junior
    We are adults and still enjoy MK at xmas time and enjoy Epcot & HS. Xmas is a very special time. I agree with above posts check out special events, go to (link unapproved site edited)
    Last edited by CERICROWLEY; 17-06-2011 at 22:16.

We are adults only and love Magic Kingdom and all the rides, fireworks, and processions!! You don't need to have children to visit any Disney Park as there is something for everyone!

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    If you have never done any Disney parks then i think you will see a whole new experience and so worth doing.
    There are so many things to see, Epcot is lovely to walk round the Worlds, Hollywood studios has Fantasmic which is amazing, if you like rides Terror towers is a must (too scary for me) Animal Kingdom Lion King show is beautiful and the safari ride gets you close to the animals, Magic Kingdom itself is for kids of all ages the parades are so well done and the Wishes Fireworks are lovely.
    These are some favorites thinking from the top of my head, give it a go i don't think you will be dissapointed.
    Mary

Florida Newbie
    As "50-somethings", my husband and I love EPCOT. It is a wonderful park, with a variety of rides and pavillions, and seems to be less crowded than the other Disney parks. If you like gardening, the floral displays are beautiful, especially during the Flower and Garden Festival, which will is scheduled next year for March 7 - May 20, 2012. If you like food (who doesn't? :-), plan to visit during the International Food and Wine Festival, from September 30 - November 13, 2011, when you are able to stroll the park and sample all sorts of cuisine.

But all the Disney parks are fun to experience at least once, and we visit all of them during the slower times of the year. You might consider buying a guidebook written specifically for adults. I'm not sure if it's allowed to mention the name, but one in particular for "Disney World Without Kids" was helpful to us.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

- Janet
    Janet