Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Universal Express Option

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    I dont think im alone in thinking this but thats absolutely disgusting - i wouldnt pay it out of principle. Wouldn't see that at Disney thats for sure.

Florida Savvy
    Personally I'm a bit perplexed at this conversation! We love universal and IOA and find that compared to Disney for uk visitors they represent much better value! I mean you get 14 days unlimited two park ticket for less than £100 but it will cost you almost the same for a one day Disney with hopper! You do not need to buy the express pass and with the ability to come and go we have always managed to do the rides we want over a few visits! Don't get me wrong I hate queuing for extreme lengths of time and I definitely think it is a rip off that you have to pay for parking but it is just the same at Disney! But overall I do think universal offers better value than Disney!
    Pauline mccluskey

Florida Savvy

Never had a problem

Over the years I have visited the parks in Sept, Oct and Nov and never had long queues! The only thing that we waited for and wished we hadn't was the wand shop thing in Harry Potter and I wouldn't have bothered if I knew what that was about before I queued!! I personally wouldn't bother with any express pass.

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by mexico View Post
    Personally I'm a bit perplexed at this conversation! We love universal and IOA and find that compared to Disney for uk visitors they represent much better value! I mean you get 14 days unlimited two park ticket for less than £100 but it will cost you almost the same for a one day Disney with hopper! You do not need to buy the express pass and with the ability to come and go we have always managed to do the rides we want over a few visits! Don't get me wrong I hate queuing for extreme lengths of time and I definitely think it is a rip off that you have to pay for parking but it is just the same at Disney! But overall I do think universal offers better value than Disney!
    Couldn't agree more!

Just give a bitoif inside information on this. Typically there is no need to buy express passes. During heavy traffic times they are very expensive. Do some research and if possible try not to go during the high season dates. The parks are at there busiest during USA holiday dates (spring break, thanksgiving, presidents day, Xmas New Year etc etc).
    As oir the price, all the times I have visited I have never seen the express passes above $30. $60 - $70 is too much but hey do sell out. Since offering this system compliants about ride queues have fallen, overall it has had a positive effect for them.
    Also if something like this is really ruining the day, head straight to guest relations and complain. Otherwise nothing gets done. I have had some very good results at guest relations.
    If a park is really heaving move to another park, this has worked very well for us in the past.
    Last edited by florida4sun; 21-06-2011 at 22:23.

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Universal is better value than Disney i agree, i also prefer the parks to Disney too - but $49.99 for express? Ridiculous - i know you dont need to buy them, and in actual fact even in peak season we havent bothered, but i think its cheeky! It was $15.99 on our first trip 10 years ago. That price for express stops the 'value for money' aspect in its tracks if people buy it. And people will pay it not realising its a) not necessary and b) not for all of the major rides (including HP and the Forbideen Journey).