Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Look to the Forum

Smile New Look to the Forum

Wow,

New Forum Looks Great. Need time to see how it all Works. the Profile is alot easier to work with.
    Randy Johnston

It is very different, my count down clock has gone and so has my Avatar, but when I was just looking at the postings on the car hire thread my Avatar was showing against Rogers thread?!?
    Diane.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    What's the link to the thread which shows your Avatar so I can check? I suspect one of the Avatar settings on some forums is not quite right, but I've not found the right setting yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    It is very different, my count down clock has gone and so has my Avatar, but when I was just looking at the postings on the car hire thread my Avatar was showing against Rogers thread?!?

My avatar has also gone as has the contents of my inbox.

John, don't know whether you have noticed but the .UK at the end of your name above your avatar is spilling over into the text box in your posts on the forums.
    Last edited by jimiansville; 14-06-2011 at 13:44.
    Jim

See my last post on http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums...Messages/page2 for details of the DM issue.

I've just fixed the username size issue, so it should display properly now.

At the moment I have not managed to get the Avatars over, but feel free to click on Settings at the top of any forum page and then use the options to upload your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimiansville View Post
    My avatar has also gone as has the contents of my inbox.

John, don't know whether you have noticed but the .UK at the end of your name above your avatar is spilling over into the text box in your posts on the forums.

Tried to upload my old avatar from my profile but it won't allow it.

Oh well, after I posted the avatar appeared!

Sandra

Can't get my countdown clock ... can't see anyway of setting it and also my avatar isn't animated as it used to be .... maybe I am doing something wrong ...
    Wendy

Sorry, I've got to say I hate the new look. And why did the URL change - my favourites don't find it anymore I had to search via google. And then it forced me to reset my password before I could access. And it's slow :-(
    Keith

I wish we could please all of the people all the time but it's impossible. We think it's the right way forward as do the overwhelming majority of users who have commented / emailed us .

The forum software is totally different so there is no way we can keep the exact same page names in it. The overall site url though is exactly the same as before.

The password reset is something we'd rather have avoided too (believe me, after spending over 12 hours of my time helping people with it!) but there was no way round it. It's a once off thing so not a great problem for any individual user really .
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniff View Post
    Sorry, I've got to say I hate the new look. And why did the URL change - my favourites don't find it anymore I had to search via google. And then it forced me to reset my password before I could access :-(

We don't have a countdown clock yet as we're getting the basics of the forums set up and working the right way first. We do hope to add it back when we have a moment though.

The forum supports animated avatars so you should be ok. Did you upload one in the right format? I think from memory only .GIF files support animation.
    Quote Originally Posted by kitch50 View Post
    Can't get my countdown clock ... can't see anyway of setting it and also my avatar isn't animated as it used to be .... maybe I am doing something wrong ...