Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ( WOW ) What an ordeal

you really should take a look at this website, it gives you a great insight into whats going on. How awful for Roy E Disney having to see what his Uncle and Father founded being subjected to such an ordeal.
    Tink

It actually reassured me, that a member of the Disney family is fighting to get things back to how they should be. Shame it had to get to such drastic measures.

Disney is still wonderful, but the sense of financial greed is almost tangible. Such a pity that Eisner is exploiting the brand name to line his own pocket, it is apparent in the slacking standards of maintennance and staff motivation that things are definitely not going in the direction of Walt's 'vision'.
    Tink

Gold 5 Star Member
    Our daughter has decided to join in and register her vote against the 4 of them. (We bought her one share for her birthday last year!) She has just received her first dividend check of 15c!!! It would have been 21c but for the tax. May not make her a million but she's glad she has a little influence via her portfolio.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    There is an article about the animators losing their jobs and the BIG rif over the decision that Disney will do no more classic animation. I can't tell if they are to continue the computer generated concept (like Toy Story, Finding Nemo- I can;t imagine the'd really give that up w/the success they had). Apparently Eisner wants to redo Walt's old handrawn materpiece animations (Snow White, the first one; Pinnochio, etc.) into computer generated movies. I can't imagine improving those old versions.
    The drawing animators who were all let go a few wks ago have started their own company now in Orlando. I hope they do well.

I hope they do well too, this is all so sad. I read in Walt's resignation letter which I will now post here that Eisner has not managed to keep up working relationships with Pixar (Toy Story etc) or MiraMax which is awful, what exactly do they have left?!
    Tink

Florida Newbie
    Hi its Cannybiz again, a big thank you for all who replied to my posting. I appreciate the advise on how I should take things easy and not do to much.
    Well I have news for you all, I wasnt leaving the room till after 12 noon most days, staying at the parks till 5pm, just what the hell did I do wrong, to tire me out so much, I never even went out of the evening, occassionally to eat, but that was it, then back to bed.
    Something tells me that I have no right to write on my experience of Florida, judging by what I have just written, I must not have seen to much of it, but if anyone needs to know all details on the rooms at Quality Inn, I surely must be an expert on that, coz I was hardly ever out of it. Thanks guys for all your replies Kathy
    Cannybiz

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think the itinerary should be what suits the party involved. On our first visit, we tried to go somewhere everyday for a week before taking a rest and ended up tired. A couple of years later, we tried the "Two days on and one day off" schedule, with the 'off' days being for 100% rest and relaxation. This one felt as though we were wasting too much time doing nothing and even the seniors got restless. So we have now got it up (or down) to "3 days on and a day off" and it works just right for everybody. That's what we're doing this time.
    Nostromo