Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Alamo Fast track

Florida Chatterbox

Alamo Fast track

How exactly does it work?

Is there a separate queue or do you punch a number in a machne or something similar?
    [high5]

You just go to the garage select the car from the category you ordered and drive to the exit. Have your paperwork drivers licence and credit card ready to show the person at the booth by the exit. It is brilliant!

Originally posted by NigelM

Is there a separate queue or do you punch a number in a machne or something similar?
    [high5]

Hi, after talking with the very helpful Roulla this was how she described the new Alamo service working:-

To use the kiosk:

After you receive your voucher from us, sign up for Alamo Save Time using the link below:

https://www.alamo.com/index.do?actio...o-intlSaveTime

Then when you get to the car rental depot, you will see several touch-screen kiosks by the Alamo rental desk.

Touch the screen and simply follow the instructions. You will be asked if you want to take optional extras, but you can just decline by touching 'NO' on the screen.

The kiosk will print your rental agreement then you just go to the parking lot, chose any car in your booked category and drive away.

As you exit the parking lot, you will need to show the staff member in the booth your driving license and the rental agreement you have just printed.

Originally posted by canarypam
    You just go to the garage select the car from the category you ordered and drive to the exit. Have your paperwork drivers licence and credit card ready to show the person at the booth by the exit. It is brilliant!

Originally posted by NigelM

[high5]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Does the system work if there's more than 1 driver on the agreement?

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    We have just recently used the alamo kiosk ourselves. and yes we had two uk drivers and it was no problem at all. When booking your car through UScarhire, this kiosk facility is only for those that have a fullsize car and above. for any of the smaller cars you will still need to queue for an attendant
    CERI

Florida Newbie
    We have made some reservations with USCARHIRE through this site and I must say that after an eternity of comparing rental sites ( and a crisis or 2 on the home front ) the decision to book here is one of the smartest moves made in a long list of holiday planning tasks . Thankyou Roger and Roulla .
    We have hired an 8 seater and an intermediate for 7 days from Miami . Does "Cericrowleys" post above mean that we can not use the Alamo Save Time ? If so , we would have to consider upgrading to make the process faster at the Alamo depot .
    A second hire from Fort Lauderdale will be the 8 seater again and a Mustang , are we able to Alamo Save Time with this hire . Our 3rd hire is a 7 day rental from LAX dropoff PHX ( no oneway rental if you book with Uscarhire !! ) so is the Alamo Save Time as described above ( thanks "lissybubs" and Roulla ) available in Los Angeles ??
    We are taking the Gold Option for more than 1 driver , I read above that there didnt seem to be a problem -- do the additional drivers just show their licences -- how are they noted on the rental agreement ? I also need to add a driver who we will be picking up in Orlando , so I was assuming I might be able to do that by calling into an Alamo Depot somewhere near Disney ?
    A few questions here so apologies .
    If anyone can give me any advice here I would appreciate it .
    We come from a land downunder

Florida Newbie
    Hi again -- maybe the newlook forum has stalled any replies here ? Do you have any advice to the questions Roger ?
    I was hoping to know about the Alamo Save Time before making the other 2 bookings .
    Thanks - anyone ?

Administrator
    Sorry about that, only just spotted this. Alamo have kiosks at Miami, Fort Lauderdale and LAX. They cannot be used for Economy, Company or Intermediate Cars, so you are fine. You can input multiple licenses.

Once you have your voucher(s) go to the link below to sign up for Alamo Save Time

https://www.alamo.com/index.do?actio...o-intlSaveTime

For the additional driver, yes you can just go to any convenient Alamo depot once the other person arrives to have them added. It would be a good idea to have a second copy of your voucher to take with you. The driver will not be insured until they have been added to the rental agreement at that depot. Alamo have a depot on the 192, International Drive, at the entrance to Magic Kingdom, plus a few of the Disney hotels.

Florida Newbie
    Thanks Roger ( again )
    It looks like I will have to upgrade the intermediate revervation we have then ( we have hired the 8 seater and an intermediate from Miami on Jan 8 for 7 days ) if I want to use the Alamo Save Time Kiosk . ?

Administrator
    Officially you will need to change the Intermediate to a Full Size. I have heard reports from others that they have been OK with the smaller cars too, but I don't know if they were just lucky.