Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Alamo Fast track

Administrator
    The machines are located in the Alamo car rental area, so just follow the Car Rental / Alamo signs once you have your luggage.

Florida Chatterbox
    Thankyou.

These machines save so much time, once you've got the hang of them. We used them in November at MCO, but I had to ask a nice young man for help (as I had an extra driver to add) and once he showed me the process, it was a doddle. We used them again when we picked up another car after our cruise at Fort Lauderdale, and I managed it easily.
    Debra

Florida Expert
    I think there are still problems with the kiosk as when it asked us to swipe our credit card it told us to go to the rental desk, an assistant nearby told us it was because the voucher was not issued by Alamo, we had to go and stand in line, arguing that this was not right was totally ignored.
    Dorothy

It worked fine for us at Christmas, and it's good not to have to fend off the extra sales atempts by the counter staff.
    Tonish

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpointon:693087
    I think there are still problems with the kiosk as when it asked us to swipe our credit card it told us to go to the rental desk, an assistant nearby told us it was because the voucher was not issued by Alamo, we had to go and stand in line, arguing that this was not right was totally ignored.
    When I registered on the alamo save time web site and put in the us car hire voucher details I was taken to a page that confirmed I had registered and I printed this off to take with me. This confirmation had a ref number on that was different than the us car one and was headed as alamo confirmation. I never had to show this however as a swipe of my credit card worked and the kiosk worked fine for us

We have just arrived at the villa tonight. Having previously used the kiosk I was looking forward to a speedy car collection. I had done the pre-registration as before but the Ref. No. wasn't recognised by the system and I had to stand in line. Before joining the line I asked the customer service guy who was standing at the front of the line if he could help or knew what was wrong. He said that because we had booked a luxury car it wasn't an option. Told him it had worked in the past but he just told me I'd have to wait in line.

Just wondered what could have gone wrong this time when it worked like a dream before?
    Last edited by jimiansville; 06-03-2012 at 12:22.
    Jim

Florida Chatterbox
    It does seem to work for some but not others. I have tried twice without success. I have pre-registered and had the Alamo confirmation but when I swipe my Credit Card it has said that there was a problem and referred me to an Agent and I've had to stand in line. Fortunately on both occasions there was not much of a line so no real inconvenience and when I gave them the confirmation all the information I had inputted was on their computer.

Florida Chatterbox
    Did you swipe the same credit card that you used when registering ?

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    Did you swipe the same credit card that you used when registering ?
    When I registered for the kiosk it did not ask for any Credit Card details. That's where the problem may be.