Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Alamo Fast track

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Oak View Post
    Tried to use the Alamo Kiosks today but without success. I had completed the Save Time and when I went to the kiosk it asked me to swipe my credit card which I did and it said to see a rental agent. I tried again putting in my Confirmation Number and again it said to see a rental agent. Fortunately there was no que at the desk so no problem but it seems that these kiosks are a bit "hit and miss"
    Which airport was this? We are off to try Alamo kiosk's at Tampa on Monday for the first time and hoping they will play my rules!
    Clare R

Administrator
    Can you email us at info@uscarhire.co.uk including your order number then we will pass this over to Alamo for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Oak View Post
    Tried to use the Alamo Kiosks today but without success. I had completed the Save Time and when I went to the kiosk it asked me to swipe my credit card which I did and it said to see a rental agent. I tried again putting in my Confirmation Number and again it said to see a rental agent. Fortunately there was no que at the desk so no problem but it seems that these kiosks are a bit "hit and miss"

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    Can you email us at info@uscarhire.co.uk including your order number then we will pass this over to Alamo for you.
    E-mail sent.

I was initially disappoined with Alamo. They gave me a Tahoe which is what I'd booked but when I locked and unlocked the car the alarm went off. I was told that if I turned on the engine it would deactivate the alarm which it did. I told them this was unacceptable as every time I came to get in the car or put something in the boot I would have the alarm going off and have to start the engine. Attention would be drawn to us everytime we wanted to get into the car. I explained that the key they had given me was the spare and that the key should be a "remote" that would deactivate the alarm and unlock the car.

They asked if I wanted another vehicle and I said yes. They said they would have to bring over a Tahoe as they did not have another on site and I said I would wait. They immediately gave me the keys to a Ford Expedition which I believe is a Premium SUV so overall I'm very happy with the situation.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare R View Post
    Which airport was this? We are off to try Alamo kiosk's at Tampa on Monday for the first time and hoping they will play my rules!
    It was Orlando International.

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi, does Alamo at Sanford airport have the save time machines?

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Yes they do. See this page on our website for a full list of locations: http://www.uscarhire.com/alamo-kiosk...ss-pickup.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by steelo View Post

Administrator
    Yes these are available at Sanford.

Quote Originally Posted by steelo View Post

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi thankyou Roger.

I have just went online and filled out the save time form, its stating that i have $100.45 to pay at time of rental, return fuel at any level, is this about right for fuel? Also whats a consession recoup fee 6.8% and also the state tax is that on the $89.08 fuel? A nd one last thing, it says i have to go to the desk upon arrival, but do i just go straight to one of the machines and where are the machines at sanford? i know where the rental office is but was not sure about the machines,
    Sorry for all the questions.

Administrator
    If you return the tank full then there will be no fuel charge (assuming you are collecting after 1st April) and therefore no taxes or charges on that fuel charge. Yes, just go to the machine, avoiding the desk.

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks again Roger, Where are the machines located at sanford?