Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Alamo Fast track

Florida Savvy
    We arrived yesterday and went to the save time kiosk! It didn't accept our code and told us to go to the desk! We asked one of the managers while we were waiting in line and she said it only saves you time at the counter? She didn't seem to know much about the kiosk maybe because I don't think she was specific to Alamo! Waited inline and then the rep we dealt with tried to get us to upgrade!!! We asked why it wouldn't work at the kiosk and he said probably because we have international DL !! Seems to be an ongoing issue with the kiosks! Down side is that when we went to the kiosk there wasn't much of a queue but by the time it turned us down the queue had built up quite a bit!! Changing the car next week so guess I'll get hubby to stand in queue while I give it a go!!!
    Pauline mccluskey

Florida Newbie
    Thats bad news Mexico . Which kiosk was this ?
    We come from a land downunder

Administrator
    Sorry to hear about this. Did you sign up online on the Save Time website before you collected? If so, I will get on to Alamo for you as they assured us all the bookings had been updated. I do know plenty of people this has been fine for, since they resolved the last issue so it's not a general problem, but we obviously don't want any of our customers to have a problem!

Florida Newbie
    Hi Roger,
    Have Alamo updated for all bookings (I made mine back in March) or only from when the kiosks became "live"?

Administrator
    I'm afraid this is just for Alamo bookings placed with us since the kiosks went 'live'

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    I'm afraid this is just for Alamo bookings placed with us since the kiosks went 'live'
    Roger, I booked some time ago and will be picking my car up 3 weeks on Thursday. I've completed the Alamo Save Time so should I be okay to use the kiosk.

Administrator
    You will need to email us (info@uscarhire.co.uk) with your order numbers and ask the question then we can check for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Oak View Post
    Roger, I booked some time ago and will be picking my car up 3 weeks on Thursday. I've completed the Alamo Save Time so should I be okay to use the kiosk.

Florida Savvy
    HI Roger sorry I'm only getting back to you just now, I wasn't expecting you to do anything about it , I only posted to let others know it was still happening, I really appreciate the excellent customer service that you give and how quickly you respond to every comment! Thank you! I will be going back to change the car on Saturday, do we just drop off this car at returns and then go into the terminal as if we are renting from the start again ? Oh and yes we did sign up online we had to do t separately for the two weeks as we had two booking numbers! I will be giving it another go on Saturday and will let you know how I get on!
    Thanks Pauline
    Pauline mccluskey

Administrator
    That's no problem. If you are going back to the airport to change the car then you should be able to just drop off the existing car then go to the little hut in the Alamo car park where there is an attendant who can deal with your new rental. This will save you from going back to the terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by mexico View Post
    HI Roger sorry I'm only getting back to you just now, I wasn't expecting you to do anything about it , I only posted to let others know it was still happening, I really appreciate the excellent customer service that you give and how quickly you respond to every comment! Thank you! I will be going back to change the car on Saturday, do we just drop off this car at returns and then go into the terminal as if we are renting from the start again ? Oh and yes we did sign up online we had to do t separately for the two weeks as we had two booking numbers! I will be giving it another go on Saturday and will let you know how I get on!
    Thanks Pauline

Florida Chatterbox
    Apparantly you can only use the kiosks if your booking was after April 2011 which I assume is when the kiosks went "live". My booking was made in December 2010 and I e-mailed Roulla and she advised that she would cancel my booking and that I should re-book. As the price hasn't changed I've done this and re-registered my new booking with "Save Time". My confirmation has reference to the kiosks which my previous confirmation did not have.

Hopefully I will be able to use the kiosks when I do which is only 3 weeks today.

A big thank you to Roulla who was very helpful.