Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Alamo Fast track

I asked the guy at the counter if that was the reason and he said no we have a foreign license which can't be used. We don't have a problem with this but wish they would all sing from the same hymn sheet
    Lynne

Florida Newbie
    Hi again Roger
    Can you clarify this please . we have just upgraded our car hire from intermediate to full size because of the kiosk useage. Being from Australia , does the afore mentioned post mean that we will still not be able to use the kiosk , given that we will have "foreign licences " ??
    Thanks again for your time '
    We come from a land downunder

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    The no foreign licences is definitely wrong and the staff member obviously needs to be updated on procedures as he gave you bad advice. I can confirm an Australian licence would be absolutely fine.

We'd never advertise something as being available when it is not as we take great pride in keeping the customer fully in the picture up front so there are no nasty surprises on arrival. Obviously we cannot legislate for badly trained staff, but I do know (having had a meeting with senior Alamo managers in Florida with Roger earlier this year) that they take their customer service *very* seriously and want to know of any instance like this where they have not lived up to their own high expectations.

I have just caught up with this. We tried to use the Kiosks when we picked up our car at MCO and couldn't get them to work. So we went straight to the garage and told one of the Alamo staff there. He said no need to use the kiosks just come straight out and choose your car from the section you have booked.

Quote Originally Posted by lissybubs View Post
    Hi, after talking with the very helpful Roulla this was how she described the new Alamo service working:-

To use the kiosk:

After you receive your voucher from us, sign up for Alamo Save Time using the link below:

https://www.alamo.com/index.do?actio...o-intlSaveTime

Then when you get to the car rental depot, you will see several touch-screen kiosks by the Alamo rental desk.

Touch the screen and simply follow the instructions. You will be asked if you want to take optional extras, but you can just decline by touching 'NO' on the screen.

The kiosk will print your rental agreement then you just go to the parking lot, chose any car in your booked category and drive away.

As you exit the parking lot, you will need to show the staff member in the booth your driving license and the rental agreement you have just printed.

Administrator
    This does usually work, but Alamo prefer you not to do this as you have to then do the paperwork at the manned kiosk as you leave the parking lot which can cause a bit of a back-up of others wanting to exit the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by canarypam View Post
    I have just caught up with this. We tried to use the Kiosks when we picked up our car at MCO and couldn't get them to work. So we went straight to the garage and told one of the Alamo staff there. He said no need to use the kiosks just come straight out and choose your car from the section you have booked.

Florida Chatterbox
    I used the kiosks recently and followed Lissybubs method to the letter with no problem whatsoever. I don't understand the not liking foreign licences bit as all the licence information is in-putted online while in the UK and is therefore not required while at the machine

Florida Chatterbox
    Can you use the kiosks and then go to the garage and choose your vehicle if you are renting a 7 Seat SUV. In the past the vehicle has been brought to us as they don't have that many 7 Seat SUV's enabling you to choose.

Administrator
    Yes, that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Oak View Post
    Can you use the kiosks and then go to the garage and choose your vehicle if you are renting a 7 Seat SUV. In the past the vehicle has been brought to us as they don't have that many 7 Seat SUV's enabling you to choose.

My son in law is trying to fill in the form for fast track Alamo
    When he gets to the bit that asks for airline Monarch is not on the list so he is unable to proceed
    Can John or Roger please help
    Thankyou Carol

The airline is not a mandatory field so just leave it blank.
    Caroline & Dave