Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Alamo Fast track

Not yet I think it is about the 9th Sep - will let you know when we come home 28th September.
    Lynne

Super Moderator
    The rail link to the car centre is to open 9th September, and it looks like the station is near the Flamingo and Dolphin garages. The following is the latest press release:

The MIA Mover, a 1.25-mile-long, elevated people mover system, is scheduled to begin connecting passengers from MIA to the Miami Car Rental Center (RCC) and the future Miami Intermodal Center (MIC) on September 9. The RCC is a four-level facility housing the operations of 16 major rental car companies that opened in July 2010 as the first phase of the MIC. The shuttle bus service currently in operation between MIA and the RCC will be replaced by the electric-powered MIA Mover, which can transport 3,000 passengers per hour and will reduce fuel emissions at MIA 15 percent.

Travelers renting a car at MIA will take moving walkways on the terminal’s third level to MIA Mover’s airport station where they will board one of MIA Mover’s eight train cars and be transported across Le Jeune Road to the RCC

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnes View Post
    Not yet I think it is about the 9th Sep - will let you know when we come home 28th September.
    Thanks Lynne (and Jill) - as it turns out I'll be through Miami again myself before then.

Administrator
    Did you sign up for 'Save Time' in advance?

Arrived in Miami tonight and tried to use the kiosk but it wouldn't accept anything. I asked the man on the counter and her said it wouldn't accept foreign licenses!
    Anyway not much of a queue so no problem and got an upgrade to a full size for free so very happy thank you

Certainly did Roger
    Lynne

Administrator
    When did you book the car?

Florida Expert
    We used this service when we arrived in Orlando the other week, went straight to booth in carpark, lady told us to go an pick a car and drive to the exit, then the lady at the exit would fill in the paperwork there and then. It was great, especially as the desk was quite busy.

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    When did you book the car?
    We booked it 30th july
    Lynne

Administrator
    If you can email me or Roulla (info@uscarhire.co.uk) with your order number then we will send to our supplier as a complaint. I know it's too late now for you, but they obviously need some staff training!

We booked it 30th july

Administrator
    Lynne, I got your email and checked your order. You ordered an Intermediate 4 Door which as stated is not available for use with the kiosks. As a few people have said, they have got away with using the kiosks with smaller cars but that will be why you were not able to use it. The excluded car types are Economy, Compact and Intermediate.