Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Alamo Fast track

Florida Chatterbox
    Now that I think about it I can't remember if I did or if it was just when I made the booking

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Just to confirm that the credit card details you input when you make a booking with us NEVER get passed to Alamo so unless you put them in as part of the sign up for Fast Track on the Alamo site, they will not have a record of them and won't be able to associate your card with an order.

Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    Now that I think about it I can't remember if I did or if it was just when I made the booking

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk View Post
    Just to confirm that the credit card details you input when you make a booking with us NEVER get passed to Alamo so unless you put them in as part of the sign up for Fast Track on the Alamo site, they will not have a record of them and won't be able to associate your card with an order.
    I'm pretty sure that when I registered for "Fast Track" it never asked for Credit Card details but yet I got a Confirmation Number.

We are collecting our car from Sanford. I have 2 questions...
    1. Would you recommend we use the the fast track service or is likely to problematic?
    2. We have booked a child seat. Is this going to make the fast track service more tricky?

After being up at 4am to get our flight from Inverness to Gatwick at 7am and then our flight to Orlando at 1pm (the plane was half empty which was great) we arrived to a packed customs, 9 lanes deep, it took us an hour and fortyfive minutes to get through and I just had a funny feeling that the Alamo save time wasn't going to work for us which it didn't. Two other people had the same problem. Put in our confirmation number and swiped our credit card to then be told to go to the rental desk. The queue wasn't too bad thankfully. Mentioned to the man on the desk that we had applied for save time but didn't get any reply. He then told us that we weren't covered by insurance etc and we informed him that we were covered through Orlando Villas but he just kept repeating that we weren't covered by Alamo. He then tried to get us to upgrade and Davy told him that as long as he could get his golf clubs in the boot he was happy. He then tried to get us to upgrade to an SUV at $12 extra a day as that would be the size of vehicle we would need to fit the golf clubs into. I wouldn't have bothered taking a full size car if I new the save time wasn't going to work as we always took an intermediate with Dollar. As it was dark by then we didn't notice how dirty the inside of the car was. The dash board was covered in cigarette ash. There was also a warning saying that the front right tyre was low on air.
    Angie & Davy

Administrator
    Sorry to hear about this. If you haven't done so already can you email us with your order number so we can pass to Alamo? Note, all car sizes are fine to use with Alamo kiosks (it used to just be Full size and over). Most customers are using the kiosks just fine, but we are aware that a small percentage are still having problems, and Alamo assure us they are still investigating. I know it can be frustrating when you are one of the ones that cannot make use of the service.

Quote Originally Posted by smiler View Post
    After being up at 4am to get our flight from Inverness to Gatwick at 7am and then our flight to Orlando at 1pm (the plane was half empty which was great) we arrived to a packed customs, 9 lanes deep, it took us an hour and fortyfive minutes to get through and I just had a funny feeling that the Alamo save time wasn't going to work for us which it didn't. Two other people had the same problem. Put in our confirmation number and swiped our credit card to then be told to go to the rental desk. The queue wasn't too bad thankfully. Mentioned to the man on the desk that we had applied for save time but didn't get any reply. He then told us that we weren't covered by insurance etc and we informed him that we were covered through Orlando Villas but he just kept repeating that we weren't covered by Alamo. He then tried to get us to upgrade and Davy told him that as long as he could get his golf clubs in the boot he was happy. He then tried to get us to upgrade to an SUV at $12 extra a day as that would be the size of vehicle we would need to fit the golf clubs into. I wouldn't have bothered taking a full size car if I new the save time wasn't going to work as we always took an intermediate with Dollar. As it was dark by then we didn't notice how dirty the inside of the car was. The dash board was covered in cigarette ash. There was also a warning saying that the front right tyre was low on air.

One of the drivers in our party has 3 points on their licence for a speeding offence. When you sign up with the Alamo SaveTime process, it has wording at the bottom of the page saying drivers must "have a clean driving record, and have a valid driving licence". Does this mean we can't sign up to the SaveTime process online?

Administrator
    This shoudn't make any difference for a non US driver, but worst case is when you get to the kiosk it will refer you back to an agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Alan View Post
    One of the drivers in our party has 3 points on their licence for a speeding offence. When you sign up with the Alamo SaveTime process, it has wording at the bottom of the page saying drivers must "have a clean driving record, and have a valid driving licence". Does this mean we can't sign up to the SaveTime process online?