Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Alamo Fast track

When we went it said we had to swipe our credit card. I don't know if it meant the card we used when we booked the car, but we had used our US card and it did not work so we went over to the desk as there was not a queue and the gentleman serving us said, oh it would not use from us as we were from the uk!

Administrator
    There must have been some other reason it didn't accept it. The rep on the desk will just say the standard patter about you being from the UK since that usually is the case. If they brought up your contract they would have seen the kiosks are OK for all our customers to use regardless of where they are from.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    When we went it said we had to swipe our credit card. I don't know if it meant the card we used when we booked the car, but we had used our US card and it did not work so we went over to the desk as there was not a queue and the gentleman serving us said, oh it would not use from us as we were from the uk!

That is what we thought Roger, but do you have to use the card you booked the car with?

Florida Chatterbox
    I was given the impression you had to use the same credit card you made the booking with. When we used it in July it was the swiping of the credit card that brought all the booking details on screen so I would say that was the link needed to retrieve the booking from the database

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    I was given the impression you had to use the same credit card you made the booking with. When we used it in July it was the swiping of the credit card that brought all the booking details on screen so I would say that was the link needed to retrieve the booking from the database
    We never use the same one as the card we use to book is still one we get cashback on but would never dream of using or taking to the States and where we hand over the Santander Zero card and we have never had a problem

Administrator
    The card details used to make payment are not passed to Alamo, so there is no link there.

Florida Junior
    Just a quick note to say how brilliant this Fast track system is.

We used it a few weeks ago at Tampa, so much quicker than going to the desk.

Straight to garage after kiosk and a nice free upgrade to a fully loaded long wheel base Ford Expedition as all the 7 seater SUVs had gone (had to wait for them to wash it first though!).

Thanks USCARHIRE as always!

Sean

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    The card details used to make payment are not passed to Alamo, so there is no link there.
    If that is the case, how is it that when I swiped my credit card in the fast track machine it brought up details of my booking without me needing to input the ref number.

Not sure but I seem to remember being asked for card details when I registered online for fast track

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    We never use the same one as the card we use to book is still one we get cashback on but would never dream of using or taking to the States and where we hand over the Santander Zero card and we have never had a problem
    Have you used the diff card on the fastrack machines or only at the desk?

Administrator
    I don't know, but I do know for sure that your card details are not passed on.