Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Alamo Fast track

Administrator
    Yes, just leave blank, thats fine.

Florida Chatterbox
    Think I understand how the kiosks work but when I have gone to the Counter in the Terminal they take a "swipe" of a Credit Card. When I have picked my vehicle and leaving the garage I have to show the Agreement I have printed at the kiosk and my driving licence. Do I have to show the licences of the additional drivers I have registered, do I have to sign the Agreement and do they still "swipe" my Credit Card ?

Administrator
    You need to register for Alamo Save Time before you go. That's where they take your card details for the security deposit. The kiosk system will print your rental agreement. When you exit the parking lot in your chosen car, the person at the booth by the barrier will check your license and have you sign the paperwork that you printed. You can add the additional driver(s) at the kiosk.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    You need to register for Alamo Save Time before you go. That's where they take your card details for the security deposit. The kiosk system will print your rental agreement. When you exit the parking lot in your chosen car, the person at the booth by the barrier will check your license and have you sign the paperwork that you printed. You can add the additional driver(s) at the kiosk.
    Roger, I have registered for Alamo Save Time and have my confirmation but I was not asked for any Credit Card details.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Oak View Post
    Roger, I have registered for Alamo Save Time and have my confirmation but I was not asked for any Credit Card details.
    I wasn't asked for credit card details either, I assumed they had them from the booking, but maybe that's why the kiosk machine thing didn't work for us?? I'll be trying again on Wednesday!
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Expert
    I have also just signed up to Alamo Save Time and hope to use the kiosks at Tampa in November.

At the bottom of the Alamo paperwork underneath where the estimated cost of fuel is stated it does say ' 'charged to customer's credit card at time of rent' I take this to be the card that was used through USCarHire.

I would remind people that this is very much an 'estimated' fuel charge having used Alamo for the first time in May when I was travelling on my own. Having been directed to the selection of cars under the size available to me I chose my vehicle fullying understanding Alamo's fuel policy and the amount that would be charged on its return.

Imagine my surprise at handing the car back to find there was an additional charge. I had 'chosen', apparently, a car with a larger fuel tank - how was I, or I guess anyone, to know this. Not a lot I could do except argue my point politely. I did, obtain from Alamo, very quickly, a refund for the extra $s I paid.
    Clare R

Florida Savvy
    Hi , I signed up o the save time also and it didn't ask for credit card details only additional drivers!
    Pauline
    Pauline mccluskey

Florida Chatterbox
    I booked Gold Cover so on my Save Time confirmation it shows that I have everything included and nothing to pay.

I guess I'll try the kiosk and if I have a problem I'll have to go to the desk.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by caroline View Post
    I wasn't asked for credit card details either, I assumed they had them from the booking, but maybe that's why the kiosk machine thing didn't work for us?? I'll be trying again on Wednesday!
    Please let us know how you get on.

Quote Originally Posted by caroline View Post
    It all worked beautifully yesterday and took literally 2 minutes to get our paperwork and head over to choose our car, took back our HUGE Suburban and picked up a convertible as it's just me and our son now, I let him choose the car.... There were 4 different coloured comfortable Sebrings and 1 red slightly uncomfortable Mustang!! Yes he chose the Mustang!! It is good fun to drive but I'm glad it's only for a week! Must be getting old!
    Caroline & Dave