Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I in the minority

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sammibabe
    Don't like LONG queues but there is so much to see in the queues I think you would miss quite a lot if you walked straight on. There has been a recent posting about what there is to see in the queues at Harry Potter World. However I hate those queues where you turn a corner to find another room of zig zagging people [msneek]
    [/quote]

When we went up the Empire State Building we were nearly 3 hours queueing and each time we went up a level and turned a corner we thought, oh we must nearly be there, and we weren't. And there was NOTHING, absolutely nothing to look at but bare walls. [msneek]

But having said that the view at the top was worth it. [msnwink]

ellie

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ellie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sammibabe
    Don't like LONG queues but there is so much to see in the queues I think you would miss quite a lot if you walked straight on. There has been a recent posting about what there is to see in the queues at Harry Potter World. However I hate those queues where you turn a corner to find another room of zig zagging people [msneek]
    [/quote]

When we went up the Empire State Building we were nearly 3 hours queueing and each time we went up a level and turned a corner we thought, oh we must nearly be there, and we weren't. And there was NOTHING, absolutely nothing to look at but bare walls. [msneek]

But having said that the view at the top was worth it. [msnwink]

[/quote]

Glad it was worth it, Ellie, or 3 hours with bare walls would be dreadful

Some of the rides have pre-shows which are fun. A little queuing doesn't hurt.
    Regards, Mark

Florida Savvy
    If it is a ride that we really want to do we will queue max 45- 1 hour if the queue are longer than that we tend to just get it another time! I never have the patience to stand in a long queue in the supermarket but queuing for the rides can be very entertaining and adds to the excitement so long as it's not toooooo long! But I also enjoy when you go to the parks and they are a bit quieter, the last time we went to universal I had just came through a scary time with my health and had promised my son that if we made It back to Orlando I would do the hulk with him as we are all wimps and usually stick to mostly simulator rides! Anyway when we got there he was determined I was going to keep my promise and I don't know what was going on ! I think the whole universe was determined I was going to do it because we walked straight on no queue at all! Which was just as well because if I had to wait I would have wimped out[msnembarrased] anyway I done it and had the time of my life[clap][clap][clap] nothing like a ride on the hulk to make you feel alive!!! The question is though, will I be brave enough to do it again?
    Pauline mccluskey

I was browsing through the Florida Guide recently and came across an article, "Ten things to do in a queue", it made me laugh!!
    I agree that it is the people that give the park atmosphere.
    A particularly quiet day with little or no queue is a novelty once or twice but all the time would make it very dull. Having said that we have been at times when the park was so busy it was no fun at all, I remember going to MK one Mothers Day and it was so busy that we left and went to Epcot instead where it was much more pleasant.[msnsmile]

Liz

My family and I love the parks when they are packed for some occasions. Osbourne spectacle of lights would be one example and Candlelight processional is another but we wouldn't do the rides on the days that we go for crowds. We do the rides on quiet days. Universal is quiet on New Years day for example so its a good holiday day to go then.
    I think fast pass is great cos you can get the atmosphere of the crowds without queing.
    Angela

Florida Junior
    I have to agree with you there Wayne, we didn't get to go on many rides on our first trip but the atmosphere was electric. It also makes us want to go back even more to do the things we miised the first time around. [msnwink]
    Karl

Providing the queues are not too long I don't mind them. There is always someone to chat with. My family always say to me that I would talk to the wallpaper if there was nobody else. But it is great to meet up with people from all over the world. That is what makes it enjoyable for me, I just love chatting to people. I embarass the kids, but who cares, it is fun!!

Andrena

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Andrena
    Providing the queues are not too long I don't mind them. There is always someone to chat with. My family always say to me that I would talk to the wallpaper if there was nobody else. But it is great to meet up with people from all over the world. That is what makes it enjoyable for me, I just love chatting to people. I embarass the kids, but who cares, it is fun!!

Andrena
    [/quote]
    My family say same about me lol but it makes life interesting!

Florida Savvy
    We have been going to Disney during the xmas holidays and it is electric and I love the feeling. The first time we went was in Feb. slow week with rain, we walk up to all rides without a wait and had a great time. We didn't miss out on anything. It was great for a first visit. My friend went early in Feb. with no crowds and didn't enjoy it because she missed seeing all the people. Xmas is really special because everyone is feeling good and very excited.