Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I in the minority

Florida Chatterbox

Am I in the minority

When myself and family go to orlando, we go for all orlando has to offer. When we head to the parks and if its busy we just make a day of it, if its empty is a bargain.

But part of being in the crowd and queing is the atmosphere, plus it keeps us coming back over and over again.

Imagine if you were to complete every park and there was no crowd im sure you would not return to orlando.

So to us, the crowd and business is all part and parcel, plus we always have a part of the park to return to on our next visit.

Lol, what a lovely post! I like enough people to create atmosphere. I remember walking into Islands of Adventure very early one morning before park opening time - we were having a couple of nights in an onsite hotel as we had guests in our villa - the place was deserted, it was actually quite spooky and going on some of the rides was bizarre - hubby and son went on Hulk 3 or 4 times back to back as there was just nobody else waiting! They came off somewhat wobbly!
    Caroline & Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    I like the parks empty..its not stop us going back if I had paid full price for tickets to Universal it would of cost me about 10k plus over the last 6 years..that is just me add my husband it would be nearer $17k..

In April we visited Universal Studios and there were very few people around when we arrived. We walked through to the Simpsons Ride and got straight on, as we did at Jaws. It was really nice to be early and to have so few people around, but it did feel a little odd.

As a contrast we have often visited Disney just before Christmas when it has been busy and the atmosphere is amazing. There is something about watching the fireworks at Epcot surrounded by thousands of people at Christmas which makes it even more special.

For me, I like it both ways. Of course it is great to walk straight onto rides with no great queues, but I still like the hussle and bustle of a busy time at Christmas (though not Christmas Day, that is ONE day I would prefer to give a miss!).
    ellie

Gold 5 Star Member
    Someone likes to queue?

Run that by me again!

I totally get where you are coming from, I did used to avoid the busy times but enjoyed chatting with folks in the queues or waiting for parades. Quite often we would end up eating dinner with a family we had that day in the park.
    I have been t a couple if private parties at MK, the whole park open, all rides running, fireworks, the lot. While it was a nice privilege,there were only around 200 other poeple in the park, defunately missing something.
    The ideal day for me is 15 minute queues. The balance is just right.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ukman
    When myself and family go to orlando, we go for all orlando has to offer. When we head to the parks and if its busy we just make a day of it, if its empty is a bargain.

But part of being in the crowd and queing is the atmosphere, plus it keeps us coming back over and over again.

Imagine if you were to complete every park and there was no crowd im sure you would not return to orlando.

So to us, the crowd and business is all part and parcel, plus we always have a part of the park to return to on our next visit.
    [/quote]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
    Someone likes to queue?

Run that by me again!
    [/quote]

Robert, didn't we INVENT queueing?[msnwink]

Whilst I could not queue for 2 hours for anything, and prefer shorter queueus, at least when we queue at Disney or Universal there is something to distract us - am not so keen on queueing up at the deli counter at my local supermarket, or at the checkout with that infernal 'bleep, bleep' - now that REALLY gets me down! [msnsmile]
    ellie

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ukman

[/quote]

We were having this conversation the other day and i said i prefer it when you have to que, not two hours but sometime, it is great chatting to people in the que and the atmosphere is so much better.
    It is a standard joke in our house that everytime we sit and wait for a parade my son always ends up next to a little girl who chats away for ages and tells him her favorite princess. Happened 3 times now [msnsmile2]
    We seem to have some great family giggles and fun when queing, which we don't have time for at home, and waiting for the fireworks is some really nice family time sharing popcorn, ice cream or something. [msnsmile2]
    So i am glad you posted as it reminded me just how much we love it all.

Mary

Gold 5 Star Member
    I agree that without the bustle and razzmatazz, the parks would be lacking in atmosphere.

However perhaps the question posed most frequently on OV is 'what is the best time, dates etc to avoid all the queues?'

Florida Expert
    Don't like LONG queues but there is so much to see in the queues I think you would miss quite a lot if you walked straight on. There has been a recent posting about what there is to see in the queues at Harry Potter World. However I hate those queues where you turn a corner to find another room of zig zagging people [msneek]