Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Thanksgiving

Florida Chatterbox

Thanksgiving

I'm going to be over in Orlando in the week before Thanksgiving. I've not been at this time of year before and just wondered what the queues are normally like at Disney at this time?

Super Moderator
    Thanksgiving itself can be very busy in the parks as a lot of American families also go. It is a great time to be in Florida as a lot of houses are decorated.

Florida Newbie
    The parks will be crowded beginning probably on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, as most US schools remain in session Monday and Tuesday. I'd suggest visiting the parks at the beginning of the week to avoid long queues. Also, the 2 weeks after Thanksgiving are usually very quiet.

We actually found the parks were quite empty on the Monday before Thanksgiving. We went to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. The crowds build up after that and are especially busy over the weekend following Thanksgiving. I would aim for the first part of the week.

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks.

We'll look at doing the parks before Wednesday to try and avoid the crowds.

You will certainly want to keep the Friday clear for shopping. 'Black Friday' is the biggest shopping day of the year with many shops opening at midnight.
    Graham

Florida Savvy
    Also if you fancy going all traditional with food and want to stay home you can always pre order a thansgiving meal from one of the supermarkets, we did it a few years back through Publix, you pick up an order form and mark down want you want, we had Turkey, mash veggies gravy and even puumpkin pie, I picked it all up on thanksgiving morning and only had to warm it up, it was very good and great value.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by cash
    Also if you fancy going all traditional with food and want to stay home you can always pre order a thansgiving meal from one of the supermarkets, we did it a few years back through Publix, you pick up an order form and mark down want you want, we had Turkey, mash veggies gravy and even puumpkin pie, I picked it all up on thanksgiving morning and only had to warm it up, it was very good and great value.
    [/quote]

What a brilliant idea, must remember that. [clap] I wonder if Publix do this sort of thing at Xmas too?
    Pam

Florida Chatterbox
    Yes you can get your christmas dinner ready made at Publix, that was one of the things we looked at when we went last December (distant memory now)[msncry] If you go on their website it shows all the choices that are available. In the end we cooked evrything ourselves including a delicious Turkey.
    Margaret

You will need to pick it up the day before Thanksgiving now as Publix give their staff the day off on Thanksgiving now.

Andrena