Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Choosing a villa option for next time

We paid £425 for a 3 bedrooms with pool/spa in Indian Point. Very nice, comfortable and quiet. Plus each kid had his/her own bedroom... priceless . Again I'm not saying a condo is not a good idea and I understand you're just offering another choice.

Kitch50: in your case, renting the villa first makes sense, because, as I understand it, you always return to King Louie's Pad, which is probably very popular (it certainly looks gorgeous) and could be booked for your dates if you waited [msnwink]. It's true that in most cases booking far in advance you'll get very little difference in flight prices one day from another, but if you have some flexibility in dates you still might save some money. Last year travelling to PHX we saved €100 per person flying two days before our first choice of date. 4 of us: €400! I still can't explain why, and don't really care actually, I'm just glad I had the flexibility.

We bought a villa and our guests love our choice walk to resturants near supermarkets and found sometimes like to get out of the car .
    You have plenty of time to look .Enjoy your vacation
    MANUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas/villas/1683.aspx

The difference between staying at a condo or timeshare has to be having a pool that you can just step into without having to carry towels, drinks, bits and bobs down to a communal pool. You can just take a few steps onto the deck of the villa and absolutely everything is too hand without moving!! I have done both and know which I prefer but of course if the kids are older teens, then they may appreciate being able to wander away from the parents on a resort[msnwink]

Sandra

Florida Chatterbox
    Ever since my kids were born, we have always holidayed in villas, in Florida and across europe, the main reasons being that the space with a young family is great and being able to put the children to bed when they were tired and still relax around the pool.

But, for the last couple of holidays here in Asia, after doing the usual villa thing first, we have gone to hotels. I have to say that at the age the children are now (12 and 10) this has been great, they have made friends, enjoyed having freedom around the pool area etc and found it much more sociable than being in just the villa pool. But of course we loose space, some comfort and 2 hotel rooms always works out very expensive.

It is for these reasons that I wonder it a good condo on a resort might be the way for us to go in the future, you can get the benefits of both worlds... own space and still in amongst other people etc.

Florida Savvy
    Thank you, this is my point! If you pick a good resort in a good location in my opinion you have the best of both! You have all the amenities of the villa but the social attributes of a resort holiday, don't get me wrong both my husband and myself are not party animals, but we like the feeling of when you come out the door there is interaction there if you want it, for younger children there are daily activities and plenty to occupy them, and plenty of things for teenagers and people to meet. For us it is the ideal place in the middle between hotel and villa and so long as you do a bit of research into the resort you pick the pool can be at your door so you don't have to trail back and forth to get refreshments etc! I know that someday we probably will try a villa and I have every confidence that we will enjoy it just as many other forum members have stated but for now when we go to our timeshare , silly as it sounds because you only own a week, we feel like we are coming home!!![clap][clap][clap] but I know that the fact that it is in magical Orlando plays a major part in that feeling!!!
    Pauline mccluskey

We usually stay on a Condo. As there are only 2 of us I find the price of hiring a villa, then paying for pool heating just a little bit too much. Where as in a condo, I can usually get 3 bed, 3 bath, and full use of on site facilities - heated pool, gym, sauna, restaurant and club house all for under £350. Sometimes it is nice to go to the club house and meet other people and socilise for a while. So Pauline I'm with you on this one. But if a group of us wnet, I would then consider booking a Villa.

Diane.

Florida Savvy
    I find myself agreeing with both condo and villa. At the beach I prefer to a condo with a gulf view the pool isn't all that important. Lately as I am getting older I like the pvt. pool, don't have to care about how I look in a swim suit, lol.

King Louie's Pad looks great does it have a fence around the pool?

We don't have a child fence but we do have door alarms and a pool screen.
    Caroline & Dave

To be fair this is the best site for finding a villa.
    We booked through this site last year and would certainly do so again.

First work out your plan for which parks you want to visit and then look for a villa in that vicinity.

There are so many great deals and beautiful villas to choose from you'll be spoilt for choice.

You have def come to the right place. I never went back to a hotel once i had stayed in a villa. I would agree and buy the flight tickets first and then book the property. This way you can have def dates to work with.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham