Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Choosing a villa option for next time

Choosing a villa option for next time

Hi, we have just returned from Florida and had a fantastic time, so much that we want to go back next year. We stayed in a hotel on International Drive and would really like to book a villa for next time.

I just don't have any clue where to start with regards to areas, can you walk and find places to eat in the evening etc, or are most villas a bit further away.

Any advice would be really helpful
    Thanks
    Kathryn

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    I think it's fair to say you've come to the right place!
    Prepare to be inundated [msnsmile2]

There are a couple of communities that have restaurants within walking distance and I would guess that all of them will have plenty of options for food to be delivered to the villa. However most people end up driving to restaurants - it's very much a driving/car culture! Plus there are so many great restaurants within 5 -10 minutes drive of all the different communities that you won't want to restrict yourself to just those within walking distance. If we fancy a night out and a few glasses of wine then we tend to get a cab.

I'd say the best way to choose a villa is to have a browse at whats on offer then make a wish list of what you'd like to have in, near or around the villa, put that on your enquiry and then have fun choosing!
    Caroline & Dave

I'd buy the plane tickets first, as it will be easier to find a villa that suits your dates than a cheapest airfare if you have fixed dates. Plenty of villas to choose from here.

Then I would take the time to browse on each website up here ("orlando villas", "florida villas" and "orlando vacation homes") and see what's available. You will then be able to make your wish list and send inquiries on each website. For some reason there are 3 different sites, but they are all controlled and checked the same way, or so I understand. Same for the rental cars and park tickets, great prices and service on this site.

You'll then have fun choosing from all the answers you'll get (don't forget to check your spambox once in a while, some emails from owners end up there). Don't hesitate to ask questions to the owners, communicating is a good way to feel secure about your choice.

I can't help regarding to places to eat close enough that you could walk, but I'm sure owners will. I know our favourite restaurant, Manny's, is across the road to Southern Dunes, along with other eating places, a Walmart, and the community has a clubhouse restaurant which serves great brakfast... all reasons why we'll rent there next time . Doesn't mean we'd walk there though...

There will always be someone on this forum to help you with your questions, and plenty of useful information to read in each section.

Renting a villa for our Florida vacation was the best decision we ever made, and we wouldn't do it differently now. I must admit we were very nervous about renting on the internet but will never look back now [msnwink].

Some communities do have restaurants within a short walk but as Caroline says, there are so many places to eat that you are spoilt for choice. Also, depending on the time year, it is often so hot & humid we find just a 15 minute walk leaves you exhausted and your hair has turned to frizz.[msnoo]

Another reason why most people do tend to drive. One of the benefits of staying in a villa ..you can stock up that huge American fridge with Budweiser & wine. We often eat out then come back & sit outside by the pool with a few beers/ bottles of wine and watch the sunset. Perfect!!
    Pam & Jeanette

Thanks for the advice. With regards to flights, where is the best place to start looking for prices etc.

Abbeyvillas - I think that is what is pulling us towards a villa, being able to sit outside after spending the day at a park with a beer, our 2 girls playing in the pool and choosing whether we get changed and go out for a meal or just stay in the villa with pizza, pasta etc.

Kathryn

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Hi Kathryn

I think you will find renting a villa is the best decision you could make, we stayed in hotels for many years before discovering the joys of a villa and I have to say we have never looked back. A villa offers so much space both inside and out that on your return from a hectic day in the parks you can just kick of your shoes and relax. Our children are now grown a have there own lives (but they still come to Florida when they can) and there is just the two of us but we have, until now, still rented a three and sometimes four bedroom villa we just love it.
    Lyn

We were like you and stayed in a hotel when we went to Florida the first time with our 2 children. The 2nd time my husband persuaded me to try a villa. I couldnt believe the extra space and the children loved the pool area, so much more relaxing. We loved it so much we ended up buying a villa(in the end)

There are some communities within walking distance of restaurants, on the 27 there is Berry Town Centre with Applebees etc. There are also communities on the 192 close to restaurants. However most people drive.

Florida Savvy
    Hi there , I would like to offer a different slant on the villa holiday! I'm not knocking it ! But for our family we have always felt that it would be too secluded for us! We have a timeshare in vstana villages which is a two bed condo with everything that a villa has to offer but you also get the feeling of a resort holiday were there are more people and we think more of a buzz! Only our opinion but we have been going, to Orlando for ten years and never want to come home when we are there!!! Can never understand people who are homesick!! Lol!!! If you know someone who has a timeshare they can get you bonus weeks which are very reasonable and comparable with villas but as I said gives you something different! Don't get me wrong if I could afford my own ill a I'd have one in a minute and would be there every chance I got!!! I'm sure you will have lots of fun exploring all possibilities as I actually love doing all the planning and when we go the minute we get back I am right back on the Internet searching again for the next time! Also check on the airlines websites for special offers and if you see a good deal and can afford it book it right away as prices change practically by the minute! Don't be afraid to book your flight first because one thing about Florida is that you will always get great accommodation right up to the last minute! Enjoy!!!
    Pauline mccluskey

Florida Savvy
    Sorry should have read "can afford my own villa" iPad missing out words[msnembarrased]
    Pauline mccluskey