Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Choosing a villa option for next time

I personnally think a villa will be much quieter, and there's nothing like a good margarita sitting by your private pool (or in your private spa [msnwink]) while the kids enjoy their swim. But I understand that a resort with activities might be a good choice with teenagers. Each to his own, there's so much choice!

Flights: there are many websites which specialize in price search, just google something like "cheap flights search" (can't post websites here). Then search the companies website. I guess it really depends where you leave from. And you may want to try flights into Tampa, sometimes cheaper than Orlando.

Florida Expert
    Villa everytime for us but location is a personal choice. We like Davenport and have stayed there in different villas many times. We, personally, would not go down the timeshare route. We have had one (used it for the last time last year) but the maintenance fees alone for a week would get you a week in a villa without membership fees to RCI or II on top of that(tried one without membership fees and they didn't have much availability)and then exchange fees on top of that. When we first had our timeshare fees were only a couple of hundred quid but last years fees had got ridiculous.

Florida Savvy
    Yes I agree with the finances for buying! But I wasn't suggesting they buy one ! I did say if they knew someone who had one they could possibly get bonus or getaway weeks which you can get at various times for around £300 per week for a two bedroom! So again not suggesting you buy one but having had ten fantastic years at ours I'm just giving another option which you may not have considered! I do understand that the members of this forum are predominately villa owners and would not like to do them any disservice but each to their own and as I said it would be my dream to someday own a home in Florida! Pauline
    Pauline mccluskey

Florida Savvy
    Once you rent a villa you'll have a hard time going back to a hotel again. If you want a resort feel check out gated communities that have a club house and community pool. We like to stay near Rt.192 because of all the restaurants and stores and easy access to WDW. One thing to consider when renting a vills is do you want a villa with a pool that is not over looked by your neighbor. Some villas are very close with a pool to the right and left, many people don't object to that. The bonus for us is a pvt pool, so when you look at photos look to see if you can see your neighbors pool. If your villas is 15 mins. away from WDW it really isn't a long drive. Enjoy hunting, it's so much fun.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lafifille
    I'd buy the plane tickets first, as it will be easier to find a villa that suits your dates than a cheapest airfare if you have fixed dates. Plenty of villas to choose from here.

[/quote]

We do exactly the opposite .... we tend to book the villa at least 18 months in advance of when we are going so there is no way to book flights at that time. We tend to book our flights as soon as the dates are available and have always managed to get quite reasonable fares ..... next time I don't think that is going to happen though looking at the prices at the moment ...

I don't think you can go wrong with a villa .... yes they are secluded BUT there is nothing nicer than coming home from a busy park and spending time in your own pool and spa .... bliss

1 year 4 months and 10 days until we stay at the amazing King Louie's Pad again .... to say I can't wait is an understatement !!!
    Wendy

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    We have only ever stayed in villas even before we bought our own. I think once you have stayed in one it will be difficult to go back to just a hotel room.

Not being restricted to meal times, having the space and comfoprt, it just adds to the relaxation of the holiday, especially after days out at the parks.

Enjoy choosing

Sandra [msnsmile2]
    Sandra

I agree once you have stayed in a villa you will not want to stay in a hotel again. The luxury of your own space, to relax and the freedom to do what you want when you want to. No comparison [msnwink]
    Barbara

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mexico
    Yes I agree with the finances for buying! But I wasn't suggesting they buy one ! I did say if they knew someone who had one they could possibly get bonus or getaway weeks which you can get at various times for around £300 per week for a two bedroom! So again not suggesting you buy one but having had ten fantastic years at ours I'm just giving another option which you may not have considered! I do understand that the members of this forum are predominately villa owners and would not like to do them any disservice but each to their own and as I said it would be my dream to someday own a home in Florida! Pauline
    [/quote]
    Misread that bit but IMHO £300 pw for a 2 bed not great. We never found the bonus weeks etc good value. We don't own a villa but love staying in one when we go.

Florida Chatterbox
    I agree that, in general, it is best to book flights before accommodation.

Florida Savvy
    Dont want to get involved in a tit for tat I was merely offering a suggestion, however I dont understand when you say £ 300 isn't great for a two bed condo when the cheapest villa I have come across is £500 per week for a three bedroom! Like I've said someday a villa might appeal to us but at this point in time we are more than happy with our timeshare! And I do agree that with young children or if you are going in a group villas can be ver attractive but my family consists of four adults and my boys were teenagers whe we started going to Florida so we have always enjoyed the condo and being on international drive is great for us because we spend a lot of time shopping, please once again do not think I am putting a villa holiday down merely offering another choice!!![msnsmile]
    Pauline mccluskey