Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant reviews

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SDJ

Not sure why anyone goes to Ponderosa, other than for the price. The food.......yuk![sick][sick]

Sandra
    [/quote]

I dont mind the Ponderosa - its hardy gourmet food but the prices are great and on our last trip we had dinner there and had no complaints whatsoever - grilled chicken was lovely and the other half really enjoyed his steak. I think its cheap and cheerful and i must admit we usually go once each visit - i like the buffet that you get with every meal [msnsmile]

The breakfasts are ok too for $3.99 [ihop]

Florida Newbie
    Here's a list of our favorite restaurants in Davenport on the I-27 and west end of 192:

Kumo Japanese restaurant - (really good sushi, but also have lots of stir-fry and other cooked food) Small family restaurant, favorite of the locals. Located behind Applebys

Perkins - Love the breakfasts, but all food is good. Located on I-27 just past junction with I-4

Beef O'Brady's - Family sports bar restaurant. Reasonable prices, good food, friendly wait staff.

Bahama Breeze (new, just opened on 192 near Target) Great caribbean style food and other seafood

Carrabba's - our favorite Italian restaurant (on 192)

Those are the restaurants we always visit when we're at our home on Hampton Lakes. It's a great area for good food!

- Janet

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DisneyPrincess
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SDJ

Not sure why anyone goes to Ponderosa, other than for the price. The food.......yuk![sick][sick]

Sandra
    [/quote]

I dont mind the Ponderosa - its hardy gourmet food but the prices are great and on our last trip we had dinner there and had no complaints whatsoever - grilled chicken was lovely and the other half really enjoyed his steak. I think its cheap and cheerful and i must admit we usually go once each visit - i like the buffet that you get with every meal [msnsmile]

The breakfasts are ok too for $3.99 [ihop]
    [/quote]
    The kids love breakfast at Ponderosa's.

That is probably another reason for me to be put off - watching the kids mess about with the food in the trays. I know my grandkids thought it was wonderful but there are so many other buffet places, and I happen to think Pondersoa is the worst.[msnwink][msnwink] I have ordered steak on most of the 7/8 times I have visited Ponderosa and never had a decent one yet. For those who enjoy it that's all well and good. We all appreciate different things.

Sandra

Florida Savvy
    The first time we went to Orlando in 2000 we went to ponderosa it was the first place that we spotted that said" all you can eat buffet" and as we had heard so much about the great American buffets we were eager to give it a try! We were novices to how things worked and were quite confused at the fact that you ordered and paid for your food before you were seated! This threw us a little and we couldn't understand why our waitress was being so unpleasant to us! That is until we looked at our receipt! Then the penny dropped!!! Because we had not added a tip to the total she was being very off hand with us ! We knew that was the reason because she was very nice and helpful to other tables she was serving. So we put her tip on the little tray and went to the buffet when we came back she was there with our drinks and a great big smile!!! A total transformation! However no matter how friendly she was it couldn't take away the bad taste in our mouths that experience had left! Or maybe it was just the food that done that! Lol!!!! We have never went back in ten visits and don't intend to!!! Although on the surface it seemed good value, there are many other places that are better! This year when we go we are looking forward to trying some places thanks to recommendations on the forum like "applebies" for example and golden coral for breakfast ! This is what I love about this forum you get suggestions from real people and honest opinions and although we have been going for ten years it s great to read of others experiences!!!!
    Pauline mccluskey

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    We find Bob Evans very good. Not all you can eat, but we think still "Great Value"

Kids love it, always very clean, service always great. At least so far[msnwink][msnwink]
    mike

Florida Chatterbox
    Pauline, another one to add to your breakfast list is Sweet Tomatoes, the new one on the 192 serves breakfast. Enjoy.

Florida Expert
    Bob Evans wildfire salad is lush [msnsmile2][msnsmile2] Ruby Tuesday was good too

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We always used to go to the Ponderosa but always felt rushed using the buffet as the meal you had ordered would arrive before you had finished your buffet starter. Now we go to Golden Corral everything is buffet style and you can eat as slow as you like without feeling rushed.
    Lyn

Bob Evans is a favourite of mine for breakfast.