Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Jumping to last post

Jumping to last post

A couple of times this afternoon when I have 'jumped to last post' on a thread I just get a blank screen.

It seems to be on the current thread about alamo. Just clicked on Rogers last post and nothing shows.

I'm using IE8 on windows, have reloaded and still get the same result.

Regards Dave

Dave Lewis

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    That keeps happening to me too - not on all topics though.
    Frances

Tried it again after adding my post and it's still only on that thread.

Dave Lewis

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    That link does not look right - that's the bit after the _28 and before the .asp as I can't quite read it?

Update: I see you have an extra & in there which will cause the forums to not find the right page. Just use the link, edit out the extra & and it should then work as intended from there on in [msnsmile].

Sorry the screen shot shows what happens when I click on the 'go to last post' arrow on a thread.

It may be that the link is wrong but it came from when I clicked the arrow if that makes sense.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

I know, but the link is generated based on what the link was last time, so if it's wrong once, it will be wrong the next time too. If you edit it and then view the page it should fix the problem for future views too.
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DaveL
    Sorry the screen shot shows what happens when I click on the 'go to last post' arrow on a thread.

It may be that the link is wrong but it came from when I clicked the arrow if that makes sense.

Dave

[/quote]

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    I have tried as you suggest John but when I go back again it still doesn't work. Have tried all the topics in Villa Guests Area section and three of them I can't view from clicking on the 'jump to last post' arrow.
    Frances

Just done a little more investigating and the issue only comes up with threads that were started some time ago.

If I pick a thread with multiple pages that was started recently I can jump to the last post with no problems. However if I pick one that was started some time ago, have not worked out how long yet, then the address that is returned by clicking on the last post arrow is not correct. As shown in the previous post.

I've reboot my system so it's not a hang over there. Giving the upcoming changes then it may not be worth the effort but will try it on the beta.

Regards Dave
    Dave Lewis

Hmmm - can we leave it for now as we may have some plans in place which will make it academic anyway .