Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Car hire from Miami

Super Moderator
    Have picked up cars in Miami in the morning more than once and never had a problem. Miami airport car rental is large and the airport has more business travellers than Orlando so they are used to collections at differing times of the day.

The only time I had a 'problem' at Miami was several years before you could select your own car with Dollar and was given a PT Cruiser which I do not like - went back into the office and asked if they had something different and they said if I waited 15 minutes they would have one washed and ready for me - satisfactory result.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jill
    Have picked up cars in Miami in the morning more than once and never had a problem. Miami airport car rental is large and the airport has more business travellers than Orlando so they are used to collections at differing times of the day.

The only time I had a 'problem' at Miami was several years before you could select your own car with Dollar and was given a PT Cruiser which I do not like - went back into the office and asked if they had something different and they said if I waited 15 minutes they would have one washed and ready for me - satisfactory result.
    [/quote]

I absolutely agree with you, Jill. The facility is huge, and with Alamo you don't even have to go back to the desk to change the paperwork as you alway pick your own car anyway.
    ellie

Florida Newbie
    I only ever book my car through this site, the service and response to queries is excellent!

Think I will go with the mid size SUV with Alamo [msnwink]

Hope you have a great holiday villalover59, and am sure you will enjoy driving your SUV from Alamo.

A small tip - we usually let one or two of our party go and check the cars out whilst the other person/persons stand nearby with the suitcases. When they have made their choice (based on mileage, condition of car, or if it is a female, the colour of the vehicle[msnwink])then you can load the car. That way you don't have to cart the luggage around whilst you are looking.
    ellie

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ellie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sammibabe
    Ah Ellie that will be it. 5 of us and 4 cases and 2 teenagers who would have been persuaded to take a case! It made it loads quicker. Fingers crossed for a speedy exit from Miami
    [/quote]

Hope it is nice and quick for you. Good luck! [msnwink]

PS How do you manage with only 4 cases - I am VERY impressed![msnwink]
    Or do you take 10 home?????
    [/quote]

We go home with 1 extra case. But we also take old clothes, particularly with the kids, and bin them so also more space in 4 full cases for new clothes!

What a sensible plan, Sammibabe![msnwink]
    ellie

Florida Newbie
    Hope you have a great holiday villalover59, and am sure you will enjoy driving your SUV from Alamo.

A small tip - we usually let one or two of our party go and check the cars out whilst the other person/persons stand nearby with the suitcases. When they have made their choice (based on mileage, condition of car, or if it is a female, the colour of the vehicle[msnwink])then you can load the car. That way you don't have to cart the luggage around whilst you are looking.
    [/quote]

Haha! Thanks will do that! [msnwink]

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by villalover59

[/quote]

Haha! Thanks will do that! [msnwink]

[/quote]

us too!