Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: children travelling without one of the parents

Florida Newbie

children travelling without one of the parents

I think I read a thred on this forum earlier about a familiy having problems in the custums since the children had a different last name than the mother.

I will be travelling with my family this June, and two of my kids do not have my last name (the other parent is informed, but have not signed any papers).

In Norway both parents have to sign for the kids to get a passport but I dont know if this is enough. What do others in simular situation do?

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Myself, my husband and my son all have different surnames, this has never been a problem in customs
    Christine

Florida Savvy
    We took our daughter with us last year via MCO and she took our grand-daughter who has a different surname to my daughter and we never had a problem. We did however take a letter signed by my daughters partner who didnt come with us just to say that he had given his permission for his daughter to travel but we never had to present it.

Florida Newbie
    Thanks. We did not have a problem when we went for 3 years ago, but I might bring a letter saying that its ok that they travel with me.