Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Same sex marriage

Florida Newbie

Same sex marriage

Hey guys

I was just wondering if same sex marriages count when it comes to marital green cards/ visas? we plan on moving to orlando where i think it legal

xx
    Everything happens for a reason

How are you planning to get a Green Card in the first place? Have you got the necessary qualifications for a Green Card?

Sandra

Florida Newbie
    My partner is getting her green card through working in insurance. She has contacted the US Immigration and they have said that that is a great skill to get a green card and wouldnt take long as long as doccumentaion was filled correctly.
    Everything happens for a reason

Gold 5 Star Member
    Not sure she was given good advice..she would still have to find a job..that is not very easy here right now even for Americans unless she has already been offered one..if she does then maybe the wait time for a visa is less..not so many people moving here right now ..
    not sure about the marriage thing..I do remember a couple trying to move here a few years ago that had to get a visa each..they give up....it would be best to go to a forum that deals with moving to the US to ask..

Just looked on a few gay sites and found people in the same boat..and it seems its a no go..but talk to a lawyer..get good advice join a few moving to the US forums and gay groups..

Sounds too good to be true. As Chrizzy says, you need to look into this very carefully. They just don't give Green Cards out too often these days and I have a feeling that there needs to be far more research done by you both.

Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    Currently florida doesnt recongise same sex marriages so even if your partner were to get a Green Card which I suspect is highly unlikely for insurance, you would not be regarded as a spouse.
    Was it the offical Immigration office she spoke to or an Immigration Consultant? There are many who are willing to take plenty of money off youu with little hope of you getting a Visa.
    Babblin Boo