Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virgin Atlantic Pilots strike ballot

Florida Expert
    Well Virgin standards have def dropped since we started flying with them years ago, but the prices have one up, thus outpricing a lot of us, with flew Conti last year and I have to say there standard was a lot better than the Virgin flight, so do I feel sorry for the pilots no I don't, never mind the pay rise bring the prices down.[V]

but wwhen you look at the detail of the price sructure, the majority is taxes od one sort of another
    Ian Dee
    the older I get, the better I was

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida...ental-818.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ian Dee
    but wwhen you look at the detail of the price sructure, the majority is taxes od one sort of another
    [/quote]

Not necessarily Ian, when you look at the breakdown of the "taxes, fees and surcharges, you find that only about £60 -£100 is actual taxes and fees the rest is their surcharge (usually for fuel) which has been around long enough that they should have included it in their ticket price. The way they craftily add it in there means that you pay that on a reward flight as well which you wouldnt if it was in the ticket price.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    I don't suppose the Pilots would be good enough to arrange their strike at the same time as the ash cloud, get both done at the same time!!

Oh, of course not, then instead of being paid to do nothing (as they won't be able to fly) they would have to be not paid for doing nothing!

Looks like another summary of misery for us poor travelers.

Florida Junior
    The threat of strike action has now being cancelled, bring on the 4th August flight to Miami.
    Jake & Jill

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    Yes great news we fly on 13th July.
    Graham

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Received the following email, you can all relax and look forward to your trips[msnsmile]

08/07/2011
    A message from Steve Ridgway,
    CEO Virgin Atlantic

As a valued Flying Club member we wanted to let you know the good news that the pilot pay negotiations are now concluded. As a result BALPA has withdrawn the possibility of strike action and our flying schedule remains completely unaffected.

We would like to thank you for your ongoing support and look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Best regards,

Steve Ridgway, Chief Executive, Virgin Atlantic.
    Lyn