Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Humidity = Uncontrollable Hair!

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar

Humidity = Uncontrollable Hair!

Does anyone else have this problem while in Florida during the more humid months? We went in August last year and my hair was crazy for the entire trip! I straighten it every day and im aware the voltage isnt as great in the USA so appliances dont get as hot, but i would no sooner get it straight then as soon as i set foot outside would have waves and frizz all over again!

We have previously been in February, October and Septemeber and it wasnt a problem then, but last August it just wouldnt stay straight!

Does anyone have any advice/products etc you would recommend to overcome this as i hope to go again next August and hope to not look like tracy beaker for the whole holiday - though no braids (in monica from friends style thanks [msntongue])

I am actually growing my hair to go to Florida next year so I don't look like Crystal Tips (and Alistair)(remember that!) and I am aiming to put it up in a pony tail for the whole holiday ... then come back and have it all cut off again !!!! the things we girls do to stop the frizz...[msnwink]
    Wendy

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    We go every August and I just tie it up in a pony tail - no matter how much you straighten or use products, the humidity is too high for anyhting to last.

You can usually get away with straightening it for the evening but daytime is a waste of time

Sandra
    Sandra

There's something called a Brazillian Keratin treatment that is supposed to work wonders at defrizzing hair - my hair goes curly in florida but because the water is softer than at home it seems to help with the frizz aspect, although I have found the longer it gets the easier it is! I'll end up like bloomin' Rapunzel[msnwink]
    Caroline & Dave

Okay -Tigi do a Shampoo which is in a yellow bottle to resist humidity -also they have 'Queen for the day' Root boost and another product [can't remember what it is called] for straightening. I find their products, along with my Copioliss Straighteners to do the trick. I also take AMARGAN Hair Therapy Oil and use this instead of conditioner. Available at Hairdressing wholesalers or via your hairdresser.
    Pantene used to do a spray that was brilliant would hold your hair in style in a hurricane but can't find it anymore in Walmart.

I have the Keratin blow dry done every 4 months at Sean Hannah and it works really well in Florida & here, before I had to tie my hair up all the time as nothing I tried ever worked.
    Karen

Florida Chatterbox
    who cares if our hair goes frizzy [msnscared] there is no product available that will work after 3 goes on the popeye & bluto ride[laugh]. hopfully you won't meet anyone you know so it won't matter[msnembarrased] then again the amount of people i have met ..........!

I find John Frieda's Frizz Ease makes tons of difference, along with a shampoo and conditioner I buy at Publix (and take home with me!); Rusk Sensories Smooth. We don't go out in July or August as our children are now adults. My hair used to frizz up all the time, but was much worse in the peak summer months. Otherwise putting it up either in a ponytail or a one of those hair gripper things.
    Fiona

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Thanks everybody, i'll look for those products for the next trip [msnsmile2]

Hask pure shine frizz remedy from WalMart makes a difference. My hairdresser suggests leaving conditioner in after the final rinse... yet to try it. I have a wave through mine, so it won't curl or go straight. I also find it better a bit longer as I can kind of tie it back
    Shirley