Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: California\Las Vegas I blame DisneyPrincess

I recently stayed at Treasure Island. Not the best hotel on the strip by any means, but reasonable prices and decent enough rooms and facilities. It's well placed too, right opposite the Venetian.

For helicopter trip to the canyon, I recommend Maverick, great service.
    Keith

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]
    So in accommodation terms 1 night somewhere between Long Beach and Monterey not decided at which point to stop yet. Anywhere round Santa Maria that looks about half way but the location is flexible.
    Once again keep the suggestions coming I am enjoying looking at them and it is helping. I will reply to the what to do when your there section latter.

[/quote]

We stayed at The Best Western right on Monterey Beach.

We got a good deal and it was a really nice hotel, rooms a bit on the small side but pleasantly furnished and an excellent buffet breakfast thrown in. Wouldn't have wanted to stay too long (we stayed 2 nights) as the pool area was small and didn't seem to get a lot of sun, but great for a quick dip when we arrived and an early morning swim next day [msnsmile]

The location was excellent both as a stopping off point to break the journey and in terms of the things we wanted to see around the area.

Liz

Whilst you're in the San Diego area if you have time it's well worth a day in Palm Springs. We stayed at the Marriott hotel and it was beautiful. I personnally wouldn't waste too much time in L.A. The trip we took around the stars house just meant looking at lots of hedges.

On the way to San Franscisco it's well worth spending a night in Carmel. It must be one of the quaintest places i've ever been and the beach is beautiful. Monterey is worth a trip with the Aquarium and Bubba Gumps Shrimp Factory.

If you are planning Alcatraz please be sure to book before you go again this is fasinating..

We stayed at the Luxor in Las Vegas which gets a thumbs up from me, but whichever hotel you chose on the strip they are all out of this world. We took a helicopter trip into the Grand Canyon which was amazing but I do regret not taking time to go to the Hoover Dam (so it may be worth looking into that.)

You're going to have a fabulous time. I'm quiet jealous.

Elaine

Florida Savvy
    We went to San Diego and you have been given some great advice. We loved SD zoo and all the sights. We took tour 1 at Hearst Castle and it was beautiful.The drive along 101 is really beautifulif you go in that direction Big Sur, make many stops. We fell in love with Carmel, try to include it if you can. SF we enjoyed the Wharf, great restaurants. We were a little disappointed with the Golden Gate Bridge, We enjoy the trip so much we made it several times. We also included LV, lots of fun. Your in for a good time, wish I could make the trip again.

I would not consider a hotel off the strip, but as we used our timeshare and stayed at Polo Towers can't recommend a hotel. However there is really no need for taxis, there is a great bus service up and down the strip - you can buy a 24 hours ticket for very little and just hop on and off as you will. We also enjoyed just walking up and down the strip popping into all the different hotels. We have been twice and certainly plan a return trip soon, what a fantastic place. We took a flight to the Grand Canyon and it was magnificent and certainly not to be missed. Roll on our next trip to Vegas.

Andrena

Florida Savvy
    Hi there, really jealous sounds like a fantastic way to spend your anniversary! Anyway we done two weeks in Vegas a few years ago ! Star wood members so done it through them, at that time they partly owned planet Hollywood so we managed to get a panoramic suite with views of the bellagio fountains for $29 per night!!! A computer glitch which we got confirmed and they honoured it!! Fantastic , this was a fantastic hotel with the miracle mile shops on site and an absolutely fantastic spice Market buffet! Everything about it was fantastic, I think it is now owned by the same company that owns the Paris. The second week we stayed on flamingo just of the strip in the westin, wouldn't recommend it, it is an old hotel that westin have taken over and not up to their usual standards! We were there for two weeks over Christmas and new year and had a fantastic time, we are not gamblers but there is so much o do ! Went to see Tom jones in the MGM reasonable tickets never been a fan but thought it was a Vegas thing to do and it was fantastic ! He put on a great show! Done the whole grand canyon eperience_coach_helicopter-pontoon-skywalks breathtaking!!!! But be warned the whole package deal is quite rushed!!! Went to see cirque de soliel and we were mesmerised ! KA in the MGM thoroughly recommend it far superior to la nouba in Orlando, Here is a money saving tip which was passed on to us! If you are at the slots and a waitress asks you if you would like a drink! They are free!!! And so long as you give her a tip she will usually come back to you again the same rule applies at the tables , apparently drinks are complimentary to gamblers , however if you go to one of the bar and order a drink be prepared to pay quite a hefty price!!! Anyway thanks for allowing me to relive a fantastic holiday and I'm sure someday you will be doing this also!!! Have a great time and allthough this is an Orlando guide forum I'd love to read how you get on! Pauline
    Pauline mccluskey

Florida Newbie
    The final hotel in Las Vegas is now booked, it took a lot of deciding with so many choices. In the end I went for the Palazzo\Venetian, it is towards the top of the strip but plenty going on at it and the hotels near by. Thanks for all the suggestions of places to visit, things to do and the early booking advice for some trips. I have a list of some of the things we are planning, I will post it later this week.

Florida Savvy
    Good choice, you'll have a great time.

Florida Savvy
    The palazzo just opened when we were there , very impressive it is a beautiful hotel and as it is your anniversary you will be able to take your wife on a romantic gondola ride!!! [msnwink]
    Pauline mccluskey

Florida Newbie
    Romance, don’t say things like that[msncry] I have a weak heart.