Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: emerald island resort

Florida Junior

emerald island resort

hi all,
    would anyone have any info on this resort as we are due there in june. i know its near disney but was wondering how far from universal etc,it may be. also,would the rental management company (hotelbeds)allocate a villa to suit the age group to stay there.we only know its a 6 bed in emerald,but nothing else.
    any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
    many thanks.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Regarding the age group and rental, hotelbeds know nothing about the faciilities of individual homes beyond the basics, generally. Sinc ethey don't own the homes they will be allocated by whichever management company have accepted their booking, and they won't know the make up of the party generally they will just be told it is for xxxxpersons or not even that sometimes they are just told a 6 bed is required.

The more levels between the Guest and the owner there are the less information gets fed through so it is usually totally random as to what will be in the villa you are allocated and whether it is appropriate for your age group.
    Babblin Boo

Steph is absolutely right. The company you have booked through provide accommodation. You have booked a 6 bed home so that is what you will get. They will not have any more information (or interest!) in matching guests to homes.

That only happens when you deal with an owner direct, I am afraid. Hotelbeds are not managing these homes, they merely negotiate with management companies to take a certain number of homes 'off their hands.' These would be homes that their owners cannot rent out themselves, or who have contracted to let their Management Company do all the bookings for them. Hotelbeds take a 'cut' of the rental, the Management Company take another 'cut' and the owner will then end up with a miserable amount which may or may not even cover their basic costs.

As long as you each have beds that is all they really have to provide - alongside the basic features that they advertise each home as having.

As an owner, myself, I would never hand over my home to a company such as hoelbeds as likewise, I would not know who or how many people were going to be in my home, or what the make up of the party was.

Hotelbeds probably don't even know which home you will be staying in as they will have to wait to see who will allow them to use their home - that could be very last minute. I therefore don't think they will give you any more information than you already have.

I am sure you will enjoy your stay on Emerald Isle. It is a lovely development.

ellie

Florida Junior
    thank you so much for the insight! sometimes when i go on the villa sites here and check a 6 bed,its mouth watering. i now understand the benefit of booking personally with the like of this site. it was just that we got a good high st package.at least i know not to expect all that i see on here,and if it turns out that way,then it will be a nice bonus. i'll let you know how we get on.[msnwink]

Emerald Island is approx. 20 minutes to Universal and Seaworld, and approx. 5 mins to Animal Kingdom via the Sherberth Rd shortcut - great location, but sorry can't help with the villa allocation with hotel beds.
    Dawn Murray

Florida Expert
    what do you know about the resort? There is a document all about the facilities would you like me to send it to you? I am an owner on that development but I dont let mine out to holiday companies either I do all bookings myself so I know who and how many are going into my villa.
    Berni Deno and Maya
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1997.aspx

Florida Junior
    Hi berni, that would be really helpful,and appreciated. All I know is the approximate location and little else so any info at all would be welcome. We are a party of 13 ranging from 3-61yrs, many 1st timers ,and 3 mid teens thrown in. We rented a 15 seater,but if for eg someone wanted to return to the villa mid afternoon,from mk,would you have a ball park figure of taxi costs.we hear a Formosa mall is close by with eating places etc,

Florida Newbie
    Can't comment on villa but can I say what a great location. We always stay in this area on Formosa Boulevard. Quite a few new restaurants opened up nearby and all worth a try. Outback Steakhouse, Olive Garden, Orlando Alehouse, Bahama Breeze, Applebys, Longhorn Steahouse are all excellent and serve great food at reasonable prices. There is a large target store which sells everything and a publix supermarket accross the road all within 5 mins of Emerald Isle. Have fun [8D]

Florida Expert
    no but magic kingdom is less than 5 miles away so not far so taxis should be reasonable if you have too 1 person who drives can come out and go back in take the person people home and then go back as it is so close and you might want to take a break from being in a park all day. We have hoppers so can even change parks in 1 day. Depends on the park ticket options you choose.

Universal is about 25 mins on the 14 but that depends on the traffic. ANother option might be to have a small car as the 2nd car and anyone who wants to break away from the main big group can do so. I might work out cheaper than taxis and is just a thought.
    Berni Deno and Maya
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1997.aspx