Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golf Courses Nr Davenport Lake

Florida Newbie

Golf Courses Nr Davenport Lake

Anyone know of any good golf courses near Davenport Lakes,previous trips I have played at Falcons Fire, Disney courses and Hyatt Regency,someone very kidly mentioned Polo East on another thread (think it's called that,is it any good?) going out on the 9th May looking to play a couple of rounds.

Thanks in advance - Barry

Florida Savvy
    Several on the 27 - Highlands Reserve (no lakes!) is just a few minutes away and within 10/15 minutes north are Kings Ridge & Legends, to the south are Southern Dunes, Diamondback & Greenlefe

PS. Here's hoping you've now jinxed Forest with your other thread

Pete [msnsad](Leeds fan)
    Pete
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1593.aspx

Florida Newbie
    Pete I know how you feel,as soon as the pressure is on we blow it

Barry

I think you will find Polo Park a 9 hole course.

You can get good deals at Providence on the 17/92. There is a website golfnow (won't put full link in as not sure if it would be allowed) where you can book online and get a better discount. Another one is Ridgewood Lakes on US27 if my memory is correct. Hubby plays both these courses regularly.

Sandra

Florida Newbie
    Thank you for the information, I'll set about booking tee times, and Sandra thanks for the link.

Barry

Have played Diamondback a few times; challenging and scenic!
    Grenleafe is OK too, near to Diamondback and has two courses
    Ian Dee
    the older I get, the better I was

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida...ental-818.aspx

From the courses you have listed, I wouldn't play Poilo Park. In the area you're staying, I'd try:

Diamondback - keep it straight !!!
    Southern Dunes
    Ridgewood Lakes
    Providence is pretty good
    Championsgate isn't a million miles away

Our villa is higher up 27 so I play Legends once or twice per trip as well as Celebraion

Have a look at www.golfnow.com/orlando - I never book golf further than tomorrow, much better rates if your times are flexible.

When are you travelling? We fly tomorrow and looking for some golf.
    [msncool]
    Regards, Mark

Florida Newbie
    Hi Mark

We(family)fly out on the 9th May for 3 weeks,I have booked tee times for Celebration & Panther lake, as a single player they said put me in other groups, I could change at present not paid, how long you out there? by the way I have also played Southern Dunes on one of our other trips, nice course.

Barry

wrpac00
    Try Legends on the 27, Orange National (2 courses) and Orange Lake (2 courses).

Florida Newbie

orlandogolf.com

Fabulous, got on Champions Gate for $40, Orange County $50, last minute bookings work out the cheapest. Also try the Super twilight at Southern Dunes, wonderful golf course, but Diamondback is the best golf course on the planet, if you can get within 10 shots of your handicap you've played well. But it's fun and the people there are really friendly, not too dear either.