Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Play-Offs The Championship

Florida Newbie

Play-Offs The Championship

We are travelling out on the 9th May for three weeks and staying in the Davenport Lakes area, does anyone know a place we can watch the Championship play-offs on TV.
    We have a season ticket with the team we support who may just make the play-offs, I know some one may say "your on holiday" but this is something we enjoy, also anyone know a good golf course near to Davenport Lakes.

Thanks Barry

Florida Expert
    Been a while since i watched any Football in Florida and the last time was in The Cricketers at the now defunct Mercado on International drive.

Used to be a couple of pubs on the East End of the 192 where you could watch football, The Queen Victoria and The Fox and Hounds.
    Don't know if this is still the case.There was usually a cover charge depending upon which channel was showing the game.

Davenport Lakes is right next to Polo Park Golf course and nearby (that i am aware of anyaway) there a few other course such as Champions Gate.

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Soulgolf
    We are travelling out on the 9th May for three weeks and staying in the Davenport Lakes area, does anyone know a place we can watch the Championship play-offs on TV.
    We have a season ticket with the team we support who may just make the play-offs, I know some one may say "your on holiday" but this is something we enjoy, also anyone know a good golf course near to Davenport Lakes.

Thanks Barry

[/quote]

Good Luck Barry.

My team has already won their division and is moving to a swish new stadium next season. trouble is i will mis the first ever game there as I will be away .................................................. ...........................in Florida!![8D]

Florida Newbie
    Nigel

That sounds like Brighton, good luck next season.....we are Forest fans and even if we do make it to play-offs we have been know to "bottle it".......now at least we can watch in Florida

Florida Chatterbox
    The Cricketers is now in the Festival Bay Mall at the top end of International Drive I believe and you will cerainly be able to watch the play offs at the Best of British Bar on International Drive which is a bar dedicated to football with memorabilla all around the walls although there is a lone Rugby League shirt on the wall.

Florida Chatterbox
    Nigel

That sounds like Brighton, good luck next season.....we are Forest fans and even if we do make it to play-offs we have been know to "bottle it".......now at least we can watch in Florida
    [/quote]

Thanks. I was hoping that you would be able to send down a very nice South London club on the last day of the season but seems not to be now. Good luck to Forest as well!

I was thinking if you were taking a laptop and where you were staying had a internet connection you would be able to see the play offs on www.livefootyonline.com. Its £6 for 2 months, I use it all the time no problem.

Good Luck to Forest, you deserve to be in the prem, I will be in Florida when my team Man City are at Wembley, I will be taking my 30 year old scarf for old times sake, I wore it at home when we beat UTD. I will have my laptop with me for the local radio commentary and watch the match on Fox Soccer.

My wife thinks I am barmy, she is going to the Mall while I scream and shout !!!!!!!!

Derek
    Derek

Florida Chatterbox

Thanks Barry

[/quote]

Barry,

If the villa you're staying in has Fox Soccer on cable you may be able to watch it live in the villa. My house has it and I seem to recall Cardiff v Blackpool being live on TV lat May when I was over.

Worth checking with the owner if you have booked direct.

Florida Newbie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Laurel Oak

Thanks Barry

[/quote]

Barry,

If the villa you're staying in has Fox Soccer on cable you may be able to watch it live in the villa. My house has it and I seem to recall Cardiff v Blackpool being live on TV lat May when I was over.

Worth checking with the owner if you have booked direct.
    [/quote]

Thanks for this I'll check with the villa owner....