Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Places to Eat

Florida Newbie

Good Places to Eat

Hi All, I've been lurking in here since October !

We take our 3 to Florida on May 9'th for two weeks, forum has been an invaluable source of Info, Villa booking (we are going to Tuscan Ridge)

Car hire and some tickets.

Sandra and My, kids are 7 6 and 3, parks we've done
    We're going to do the airboats at boggy creek and then Discovery Cove next day for our 1'st real Park day.

What I am after is anywhere to eat, other than Outback & Manny's ! that you guys can say "HEY EAT HERE !"

And also anything I may have missed Park Wise for the Kids, tips.

Some excellent intel in the people's trip reports

What else you got for us

thanks

Ky & Sandra

Florida Savvy
    Hi there! First of all hope you have great time! Anyway here are a few suggestions! Do you like burgers? On our first visit ten years ago we stumbled into Johnny Rockets on our first night and have gone every year since the smokehouse burger is to die for and they make the best milkshakes and ice cream sodas!!! It is like a scene from" happy days" and when we went to the one at the point on international drive sometimes everything just stops and the crew burst into a song and dance routine!!! Really good food and great service!!! Another place that is quite reasonable is Perkins on the corner of I drive and sand lake , fantastic omelettes served with pancakes and really good breakfasts much better than ihop!!! If you go up to the millennia mall on the bottom level their is a cheesecake factory ! Not just cheesecake! Fantastic food as well! Oh yes! And did I mention cheesecake! Every kind you can imagine and then some! You can see menus for both johnny rockets and cheesecake factory online! Another place we went to last year was millers sports bar on I drive really good prices families welcome and if you are going to have a beer good deals on buckets!!! Anyway hope that helps! Half the fun is trying things out but be careful we have tried some cheap buffets and they are cheap for a reason[msncry] Pauline
    Pauline mccluskey

Florida Savvy
    Hi there again! Just wanted to add that if this is your first time be careful of portion sizes! We usually find when ordering starters. And sides one between two is more than enough! Much bigger than here, also if you have a Costco card take it with you their is one on the same road as the Florida mall it's either orange lake or central Florida parkway we go down one and onto the other can't remember which is which!!! Guess I'll need to go back soon to refresh my memory! Lol! Anyway they do a great selection of prepared food that can just be stuck in the oven , ideal for pool days !!! And if your looking for pizza try flippers!! We can rcommend the bacon double cheeseburger and the barbecue chicken!! Also look out for coupon books they are ever where and the can save you quite a bit, quite often kids eat free vouchers or 15% off which we always say takes care of the tip!!! Have. A fantastic time we are planning to go again in October!! Can wait[clap][clap][clap]
    Pauline mccluskey

Another vote for Longhorns- great steak, and lovely prawns. Have a fab time- not long till you go now.

Gold 5 Star Member
    With children of that age then Golden Corral is usually a popular place as the children can have little bits of whatever they want rather than one thing and get to make their own ice creams. fresh pizzas and steak in the evening meal for mum and dad if they want.
    Good for if the children are quire tired and you dont want anywhere formal.
    Babblin Boo

Lots of great places to eat:

Longhorn [msntongue] we visit every trip
    Olive Garden is OK
    Seasons 52 is very nice along with most places on Sand Lake road

We don't like Cracker Barrel but others do.
    Regards, Mark

We did the Golden Corral when we were having a late start at one of the parks as it can really fill u up. The food is good not great, but a great choice and also good value, you also don’t mind when the kids say "I don’t like this" as they can go and choose something ells. Another great place to eat is the Cheese Cake Factory but what ever you do don’t order a starter and main for every one [msnscared](very big portions)[msnsmile2]
    If Everton were playing in my back garden i would close the curtains
    (Shanks)

MMmmmmmm Cheese cake factory is a must plus Bahama Breeze.

We like Chillis (good puds) and Beef O'Bradys (huge burgers), also as Steph says Golden Corral... if it is the kids night to choose they go for Golden Corral ...
    Wendy

Super Moderator
    We always buy a cheesecake to go as we never manage to eat it with the meal