Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Places to Eat

Golden Corral for breakfast with kids for the same reasons stated above. It can keep you going till dinner and there's a (multiple [msnwink]) choice for everyone. A lot of greasy stuff but also fruits, omelet station and the usual breakfast fare. Great value specially if you get one of those coupons books (look at the rack next to the exit at Golden Corral before you pay if you don't have one already).

Wherever we go in the US we look for a Cheesecake Factory, we love it. I agree, mind the portions. We usually share an appetizer and then dessert. Even doing this we end up with boxes. The sliders (mini burgers) are great for kids to share, and they'll put cheese on them if you ask to make mini cheeseburgers. Make sure you order some cheesecake to go if you're too full to have some dessert. I personnally think the snickers cheesecake is out of this world!

Another vote for Longhorn from us.

We also like the Olive Garden but never been in Florida.

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    I'd also try Applebee's - you are not too far from Berry Town Centre and there's also a new one on the 192 at Rolling Oaks

Sandra
    Sandra

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Gotta try Bahama Breeze - its divine!

TGI's on I Drive is nice and would also recommend Olive Garden too

Not a 'fine dining' but Ponderosa and Sizzlers do tasty buffet breakfasts - $3.99 for all you can eat cereal, pancakes, bacon, sausages, eggs etc, toast, muffins, fruit and such like and i think the evening steaks are lovely - the evening meals also come with dinner buffets. This is useful for kids who like to graze rather than eat large meals [msnsmile2] The food isnt groundbreaking but we always visit once or twice when in Florida and havnt been disappointed - informal atmosphere too and free garlic bread with every meal. Worth a try i think.

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Forgot to say i agree with the other poster about Johnny Rockets - its brilliant! Lovely burgers and the milkshakes are incredible - the atmosphere is also fantastic - the one at Pointe Orlando on International Drive has always been a firm favourite of ours - the kids would love it! [msnsmile2]

With Johnny Rockets, when the waitress comes over, ask her which song they are dancing to at the moment, and then put that on the table Juke Box, very entertaining.
    Now then what kind of food are you talking about? Cheap or expensive?
    For a Good, but expensive meal, Sandlake Road has a wealth of restaurants- steakhouses, Italian [Christini's is a fave of mine]etc
    However, for the more main stream stuff:-
    Reasonable price - Denny's good for Breakfast but serves 24 hours and has a menu that you may compare to a Little Chef style over here
    Perkins are dotted everywhere- similar thing
    Ponderosa and Sizzlers are the cheaper end, and I suppose are good for kids, but I personally don't like them. Shoneys has food at the table and a good salad bar
    Bob Evans- no alcohol here or at Cracker Barrel- you can get more 'home cooked dinner' style food aswell here, like a Turkey Dinner and Apple pie to follow
    Chillis does a good selection
    Steakhouses -Longhorn, Outback,Logans Roadhouse- the latter, you are given Peanuts in shells at the table, and drop the shells on the floor[ makes me cringe to do it!]
    For a decent Burger, there are plenty of 5 guys, burger and fries dotted about
    Near to you, there is an Applebees which is a bit similar to TGI Fridays type of thing.
    For food nearby you will also have a chinese Take away, and pizza options. There is a Denny's at the end of the 192 as you turn on to the 27- handy on the way home from Disney.
    IN the Parks there are lots of options, and the Hotels also offer good restaurants. I would also suggest you look at restaurants dot com for good offers on giftcards to be used.
    In Florida Mall [or any Mall] there are food courts with a good selection of Foods. My Son always liked Chik-Fil-A when growing up [and still does] which serves chicken breast pieces, waffle fries, toys with kids meals, good milkshakes and soups and sandwiches- all chicken based, but like a clean Mac Donalds
    At Mall of Millenia there is the infamous Cheesecake Factory, and also a PF Changs chinese restaurant
    You will find lots of food places everywhere you go, it won't be a problem.........its avoiding the food thats the problem ha ha

Florida Chatterbox
    I couldn't recommend Applebees more. Good value and great food. Big, big portions and constant 2-for-1 drinks. One of our favourites. Bob Evans does fantastic breakfasts. Dennys is a bit like Little Chef but, as you would expect in the US, the food is much better quality and the menu selection vast. Outback a good family place which we often go to. Olive Garden continously gets brilliant reviews on this forum and I aim to try it when over in June. As does Bahama Breeze. For the best steaks (USDA Prime, not Choice or Select), I love Charlys on the 192 but it is expensive (much like Ruth Chris). For USDA Choice steaks (not as good as Prime), Longhorn is great. For burgers, we still love Wendys and the drive-thru isn't far from where you will stay. KFC and McDs are nearby.

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for the Insights Folks !

I was last in Orlando in 1998 so much will have changed IOA was being built back then !

The burger places sound good as does the Pizza

I/we will be avoiding the fast food outlets like the plague
    Johnny Rockets is sounding better and better all the time !

thanks

Ky

Florida Expert
    Chilis
    Olive Garden
    Longhorn
    Carrabas

Florida Junior
    Cherry pocket, great for seeing Florida away from the parks, it's on lake wales.
    Bahama breeze
    Roys, near Seasons 52 on Sandlake.
    Lynda

My favorites are : -

Manny's
    Olive Garden
    Logan's
    Cheescake Factory
    Fishbones
    Red Lobster
    Applebees