Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Crime in Davenport

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MarkJan
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ujpest doza
    I don't think i've ever stayed at a villa that had a burglar alarm.
    [/quote] I have to say I am surprised at this. We have an alarm at our house in the UK and wouldn't dream of not using it. Therefore, our Florida home has an alarm which we always use and send guests the instructions the week before they visit.
    [/quote]Honestly, i have never stayed anywhere that had an alarm.

We haven't got an alarm at home either as it happens.

We used to have years ago, but it got disconnected when we extended the house in 2002.

We have had the guy who sells meat around. He is from UK and is an okay guy. He is very nosey which is helpful as he reports anything suspicious!!!

Sandra

I would say you simply did not notice it. Part of the insurance stipulations for short term rental is a monitored alarm.

[/quote] I have to say I am surprised at this. We have an alarm at our house in the UK and wouldn't dream of not using it. Therefore, our Florida home has an alarm which we always use and send guests the instructions the week before they visit.

We used to have years ago, but it got disconnected when we extended the house in 2002.

[/quote]

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
    I woukd say you simply dud not notice it. Part of the insurance stipulations for short term rental is a monitored alarm.

[/quote]
    [/quote]Really? Never noticed one anywhere we've stayed but will have a good look this year when we shall be in 2 villas, one of which we stayed in last time as well.

Florida Chatterbox
    I would say you simply did not notice it. Part of the insurance stipulations for short term rental is a monitored alarm.[/quote]

This may have changed in recent year but our villa insurance in the past (prior to alarm installation two years ago) didn't insist on an alarm, monitored or not. When we added it, we received a reduction in premium. I know of quite a few neighbouring properties still without alarms but it is a high-risk approach and I wouldn't stay in one without now.

I have stayed in villas both with and without alarms, even had a villa once that had an alarm system fitted but we were not given the code!

Dave

Our insurance with ASI did not state we had to have an alarm for STR and for the first 2 years we didn't have one. When we had one installed and informed ASI we also got a reduction.

Sandra

Florida Savvy
    Sorry for the late response, I'm having a really hard time getting back into the swing of things since we got back (3 weeks ago [msnsad]).
    I did notice police cruising the development, but honestly have to say that I didn't start paying attention until after news of Gary's break-in. Whether they were always around or just in response to the break-in, I couldn't say. As someone else mentioned though, hard to tell who belongs and who doesn't. I also saw a couple of men drive down the main HR boulevard in an unmarked pickup truck with a ladder sticking out the back. In all probability, they were landscapers, but it's easy to become paranoid after such an event.

I know that in reality, it wouldn't be possible, but could the HOA's insist that all contracted workers have marked vehicles?

Sarah, that would not be in the HOA's jurisdiction at all.

Sandra

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    I would say you simply did not notice it. Part of the insurance stipulations for short term rental is a monitored alarm.

[/quote]
    [/quote]

This isn't the case as we bought from new and have never had an alarm and have always had insurance with ASI - if we did connect an alarm our premium would go down but you can still rent out without it.

Our home has a safe which is bolted to the floor for guests to use, it's on a gated community with a Private Security Patrol and so you have trust that it's secure but as with ANY home and ANY community - if someone wants to get in then they will - you just have to do as much as you can to deter them

Sandra
    Sandra