Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: The Holiday of a lifetime Part 1

Florida Junior

The Holiday of a lifetime Part 1

The excitement has been building all day and I'm off work from today just to get a few last minute things sorted before we travel down to London tonight.
    I pick the little un' up after school and she is complaining of having an ear ache (great), but sh say's she's fine. The wife finishes work and the in laws come over for 8pm, my mate is already at mine as he is house and dog sitting.
    The car is packed up and we are going to take a slow drive down to London and park the car and be at the airport 4 hours before the flight. Beth my daughter is still complaining of having a sore ear and I'm now concerned because we are flying!!!
    Just to be on the safe side we decide to make a detour to the drop in centre to get her checked out, the doctor say's she has some fluid building in her ear and as a precaution gives her some antibiotics and everyone is happy now. It's now 9.45pm and the slow drives turns into a mad dash down the A1, no traffic jams or problems on the way down and we get to the airport parking fine, they take us to Terminal 4 by mini bus and we wheel our cases into the building to look for our flight. Where's our flight?....panic stations, Cherrell (my wife) checks the documents, we are at the wrong terminal!! Oh nooooo.
    We quickly flag down a taxi and bundle everyone in to take us to the right terminal. £20 later and we arrive (good start). Bags are checked in and we eventually board the plane (hurray) we are finall y off to Florida. (see post where our Xmas holiday was cancelled) due to flight being cancelled.

Here's the first installment, I'll post the next one soon.
    Karl

Oooh bit of a hairy start what with your daughters ear and being at the wrong terminal- hope you are enjoying the sun now!!

Worrying start but all will go well from here on, fingers crossed for you. Hope you are now enjoying a beautiful visit.[clap]
    Jan

Gold 5 Star Member
    Have a great time Karl
    Jan&Steve

My theory is the 1st 24 hours (from leaving home)of any holiday are absolute hell, once you get that over, the holiday begins and all is well with the world. Hope yours gets better!

Diane.[msnsmile2]

wahoooo scary... glad your sorted... looking forward to the next part xxx
    Liesa

Wish I had read this earlier, I would have said " get some earplanes" for Daughter, to prevent ear being under pressure on the plane.......hopefully all is well now

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Here's hoping the rest of your holiday runs smoothly! Enjoy! [msnsmile2]

Florida Newbie
    The start was not good but hope you must have enjoyed the trip Karl. Looking forward to hear about your trip experience.

enjoy the trip can't wait to hear more
    Randy Johnston