Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A sad non trip report

Florida Chatterbox
    Garry what a dreadful thing to happen for you all. I can see how it would unsettle the kids. Hope you manage to enjoy your days at Clearwater, and I hope they catch the ******** who broke into your home and tried to ruin your holiday.
    Take care
    Margaret

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Again, so sorry Garry.

Hopefully a change of location will help settle the kids.

Hope they catch the theiving scumbags

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Sandra - you said you had a safe fitted, did you get someone in to do it? If so I would be interested in any details. We have been thinking for some time we ought to get a safe in the villa. We lock our things up in the owners' closet,[/quote]

You can buy them from Walmart.

The big problem with safes in domestic properties is anchoring them to the floor, so a jemmy can't remove them(and damage your property)
    [/quote]

We got Arthur's Locks and Safe's to fit ours - it is bolted to our floor and it is very easy for guests to use.

If you google it then I;m sure it will come up - Arthur was really nice - professional.

He also fitted a kick bar to our front door and extra locks on our pool doors

Sandra
    Sandra

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Gary, what an awful think to happen, hopefully a few days at the beach will settle the children.
    Lyn

Florida Savvy
    Really sorry to hear this. Where did it happen ? Was it a gated community ?

Florida Chatterbox
    Although I take on board the reassurances that, in general, crime levels in Kissimmee and Davenport are low, I think this is becoming more common.

On our last few visits to Highlands Reserve, the police presence has been very high and they are very visible. Obviously not enough to put these desperados off.

The Sherrif's department also patrol around the homes at night on golf carts. Not the streets as such but the golf course and checking rear access to the homes.

I absolutely understand and recognise that this is not unique to Highlands Reserve and all communities are vulnerable. That said, there is someting about this community that makes them keep coming back. I guess the open access and the fact that it is a relatively 'up market' location, may mean that the rewards outweigh the risks as far as these scum are concerned.

Hope you can all put it behind you Garry and the family go on and have a great time. Sad that the child-like innocence associated with visiting Disney is tainted in this way. Also, hopefully it does not put you off going back to Florida.

Gary- just logged on and feel awful for you and your family. Very sad news indeed!
    Hope you can enjoy the rest of your holiday. Big hugs to you all xx

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi

We are on highlands reserve, belfry drive.

They got in thru a side window.

Police said they would have turned up in a truck and just looked like any other maintenance company.
    How many times do you see a truck parked on the drive? Loads, and you don't give it a thought.

They took the massive tv and iPod dock from the villa.

Our losses include:

Laptop (with every single photograph on it!!)
    Sunglasses
    iPods
    All jewellery
    3 handbags
    3 purses
    Wallet
    Cash
    Presents
    Trainers
    Clothes
    Perfume
    Straighteners
    Uk house and car keys
    Kids stuff

That's pretty much it but also pretty much everything. Still have passports.

Had a great day on the beach yesterday, just in the hotel now.
    Garry Pullan

Gary, not know if you got my email. If you have copies of tickets get to guest relations ASAP, if not we may have copies at our USA office.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gpullan
    Hi

We are on highlands reserve, belfry drive.

They got in thru a side window.

Police said they would have turned up in a truck and just looked like any other maintenance company.
    How many times do you see a truck parked on the drive? Loads, and you don't give it a thought.

They took the massive tv and iPod dock from the villa.

Our losses include:

Laptop (with every single photograph on it!!)
    Sunglasses
    iPods
    All jewellery
    3 handbags
    3 purses
    Wallet
    Cash
    Presents
    Trainers
    Clothes
    Perfume
    Straighteners
    Uk house and car keys
    Kids stuff

That's pretty much it but also pretty much everything. Still have passports.

Had a great day on the beach yesterday, just in the hotel now.
    [/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    What a shame, good for you for keeping smiling though... don't let them ruin your holiday any more than they already have.

You never really think about this being a possibility.