Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A sad non trip report

Hi Garry

We were so sorry to read your news, it is an awful thing to happen on holiday. You will remember my other half Peter - you played golf with him out in Florida. He says the moral of this is that in future you should go out and play more golf and leave the wife and children behind to guard the villa!!! Only kidding, you wouldn't wish it on anyone. Hope the family manage to enjoy the rest of your stay.

Sandra - you said you had a safe fitted, did you get someone in to do it? If so I would be interested in any details. We have been thinking for some time we ought to get a safe in the villa. We lock our things up in the owners' closet, but that doesn't help guests.

Once again, commiserations Garry, and try and put it behind you for your remaining time.
    Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Sandra - you said you had a safe fitted, did you get someone in to do it? If so I would be interested in any details. We have been thinking for some time we ought to get a safe in the villa. We lock our things up in the owners' closet,[/quote]

You can buy them from Walmart.

The big problem with safes in domestic properties is anchoring them to the floor, so a jemmy can't remove them(and damage your property)

We have looked at them in Walmart but have not seen anything between a very small one not much bigger than a cash box or very large, heavy fire safes. We hoped to find something like the ones you see in hotel rooms where you set the code yourself. Will have to keep looking when we are next out. Seen plenty in the uk but they are too heavy to take out, especially with current weight restrictions. Also take your point about fixing them securely. Thanks
    Sandra

Free safes 1 800 5011 880
    They will come & put you a safe free of charge Ours is bolted to the floor in master bed
    They will give you a code for your own use but guests ring a no & get a code for US$15
    I can get my laptop & everything else i need to put in there plenty of room
    Carol

Thanks Carol, will investigate when we next go out.
    Sandra

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks guys.

Loads of stuff gone, everything in fact!!

Kids aren't sleeping well, waking up in the night and we have no park tickets so we've bailed! Booked a hotel in Clearwater and are en route there now.

2 days on the beach will hopefully help.

Not ruined things though, were all still smiling. [msnsmile2]
    Garry Pullan

Sorry, seem to have gone "off topic", but hope you are managing to get things sorted out Garry.
    Sandra

Hadn't noticed your latest post when I typed the above, but you have probably done a wise thing. The change of venue will settle the kids and I think Clearwater is lovely. All the best!
    Sandra

Florida Junior
    How awful it makes you sooooooooooooo mad, we work hard and save up for this and these people can ruin it , dont let them, what did they take? was it your stuff or the villa stuff? can i ask what area are you staying in?

Gary, did you make note or copyi of your park tickets? I am pretty sure you can get the unused days replaced if you know the numbers.

Liz