Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: No Trip report This Year - Part 3

Florida Chatterbox

No Trip report This Year - Part 3

Now where was i??............

Ah yes, last Saturday. This was supposed to be a weekend in Clearwater but we cancelled earlier in the week as we lost 2 days to the weather so had some catching up to do. We went to Busch Gardens on Saturday which was, as always, a great day. Busier than we were used to in here which was a bit of a shock. I consoled myself with a large funnel cake sundae with hot fudge and strawberries!! It worked!! Tea was Mc'D's on the way home as Olive Garden had a 1 hour wait and it was already 7pm so we didn't fancy hanging around with the tired kids.

Sunday was BBQ day which also meant i was allowed to drink my own body weight in Bud Light as there was no driving! I did not disappoint anyone, had a lovely day in the sun with lots of beer and lovely Publix food. Early to bed tonight as tomorrow was my niece's 12th birthday and it was Discovery Cove day.

Well something weird happened Monday, someone stole what felf like 3 hours from our day! We arrived a DC, had breakfast, went swimming, swam with the stingrays and fish (best part of the day). We then had lunch where i could not decide between 3 of the meals so i didn't!! [msnwink] We then swam a little more before our dolphin swim at 4:30 and the next we knew it was 6:30 and the park was closed! Missed the aviary and the lazy river! Where had the time gone. Had the best day of the holiday though. Amazing place again.

Tuesday was Market Street Cafe for breakfast followed by Hollywood Studios where Max (our 1 year old) made a new best friend. Lotso could not get enough of him and even followed him around high fiving him until the photopass lady told him we they had to let Max go! Great day in here and Fantasmic was as good as ever. Tower Terror still exciting! Late back tonight so everyone tired. Melanie's Birthday Wednesday so we had hoped to get early nights ready for Chef Mickey and MK.

Wednesday and Chef Mickey just as good as last year, bl***y expensive but great fun! We spent the rest of the day in MK but wow where did all these people come from!? Far far too busy for us, would never come in the summer if that's what it's like, did not enjoy it and did not go on any rides, just jostled for the parade and left, can you sense my disappointment?! I was not happy. Luckily we had valet parked at Contemporary so it was a breeze to leave.

Now...... Let me set the scene for you: Mel's 33rd Birthday and we had missed our Ruth Chris's booking last week so were going to go tonight. For some reason i cancelled it and booked for Mortons - The Steakhouse. Now this could possibly go down as the best decision i have EVER made! WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! This place is THE best food i have ever eaten in any restaurant, in any country, EVER!!! The service, the food, the atmosphere. Forget Charleys, Morton's makes Charley's look like a burger joint. If you get the chance and have brought your cheque book the this is the place to beat all the rest. Can you tell i liked it?!

Today was supposed to be Seaworld but we are all too tired so are in the pool all day.

Help me out please fellow Florida junkies: Meal tonight choices:

Olive Garden
    Longhorns
    Applebees
    Cheesecake Factory

or....... any other great recommendations to beat the above.

Back to the pool before i start turning this into a trip report!!

Oh and i will share my Facebook album for you all to see our exploits.

Here you go, click on individual photos as most have a caption....

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?a...1&l=b119b4f148
    Garry Pullan

What about Bahama Breeze?

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Loving the reports Gary and the pictures are excellent-the dolphin day looks great!
    (bit concerned about the leeds united shirts though!)

Gold 5 Star Member
    Great no trip report as usual If I was over I would go to the Olive Garden tonight [8D]
    Ruth

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'm not sure why MK has been so busy this week but I did see that on Wednesday they extended the park opening to 1am, because it had been so busy all week.
    Babblin Boo

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Great photos, I'd go with Applebee's
    Lyn

mmm Cheesecake Factory if you can be bothered to drive
    Caroline & Dave

Definitely Cheesecake Factory. Yum yum!!

Sandra

loved the dolphin swim... loved DC so much... the lazy river and dolphn swim were the best thing we ever did along side our renewal xx
    hubby doesnt swim but he had a big bouyancy jacket on and i did just cos i could [msnwink] and loved going round here it was amazing... to see Steve (hubby) enjoying this was wonderful... our day there passed so quickly but we WILL do it again one day...
    wouldve said 'longhorns' well done still loving your 'no trip' report![msnwink][msncool]
    Liesa