Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what places do you visit in Florida?

Florida Newbie

what places do you visit in Florida?

this may seem simialr to my first topic i posted on here but i woulod like to know what places you visit in florida rather than why you go there [msnsmile2]
    i am interested to see if people may go to an attraction that i never heard of and maybe comment on what your favourite place in Florida to visit is [msncool]
    thank you ^_^
    Emma Wilkins

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We don't always go to the Disney parks anymore, but go occasionally love EPCOT. Always go several times to Sea World this is a must for us. We like to go to more native areas like Blue Springs, Black Point Drive and Disney Wilderness.
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    Places we have visited more than once and probably will again:

Blue Springs State Park, Lowrey Park Zoo (Tampa), Jungle Adventures (Christmas). Bit of a theme with us I think!

We tend to prefer looking to doing, so attractions with animals/creatures rather than rides. I do quite like water rides though, so Busch Gardens fits the bill as well.[msnsmile2]
    Christine

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    We just got back last week and we don't do parks anymore.

This visit we went to Hontoon Landings in Deland and hired a Pontoon and sailed on the St John's River, stopped off at Blue Springs State Park.

We went to Fort de Soto one day

Another day we did Bok Tower and our last day we did Leu gardens

Had a lovely time

( lots of photo's on my FB page)

Sandra
    Sandra

Florida Expert
    As our villa is on the Gulf Coast whilst it is possible to do the Orlando parks from there it is not really feasible timewise.

We usually take a trip inland about 30 miles to the quaint town of Arcadia. Very badly hit by Hurricane Charlie in August 2004. The town has a great number of antique shops and a large orange fruit juice plant.

South of the villa in Rotonda is Punta Gorda on the edge of the Peace River, again badly hit in 2004 by Charlie but it has rejuvenated itself into a smart small town with a marina and several hotels.

Onwards south to Fort Myers, a sprawling city with the Ford - Edison winter home to visit - a fascinating place when you learn just what these two gentlemen actually invented and developed. Fort Myers beach which has sand sculpture exhibitions is some 20 miles from the city.

Almost at the south-eastern tip of Florida is the up-market city of Naples, even the main shopping street is called 5th Avenue. Hurricane Wilma did her worst here in October 2005 knocking out many roofs and trees but it was all sorted quickly. Many very large, expensive properties here, most owned and lived in by people just for a few weeks or months a year; they provide employment for cleaners, gardeners and maintenance men all year round. Fancy building a house, well buy what is there - knock it down and build your own - not something we are used to in the UK.

Back to the villa and head north - Venice is the first town after our own Englewood. Very much like a UK town with one street of small shops with a car park opposite. Theatre, marina, jetties to stand on and watch the dolphins.

Onwards north to Sarasota - a large cultural city with concert hall, theatre and several tourist attractions. Jungle Gardens, Car Museum, the Ringling Estate - John Ringling owned a circus and Sarasota was the winter home for the animals.
    Clare R

I think many of us would say that our favourite place to visit is the villa because that is where we relax and enjoy the weather and the family. Its great to get back to at the end of any day out.
    We love Disney, De Leon Springs, Winter Park, Corkscrew Swamp, Celebration, Bok Tower,
    Blue Springs State Park, Merritt Island.
    There are so many other places which we enjoy that the list is endless.
    Angela

When we go we like to spent a fair bit of time in the villa relaxing but when we do "do the parks" we don't go to Disney anymore but we loved Discovery Cove (last visit was the first time we had done DC) Seaworld, Busch Gardens and Universal are sometimes but not always on our list of things to do. We also like the Boggy Creek Airboats and Aquatica and the two disney waterparks.
    Wendy

Super Moderator
    We are not so worried about Disney but do try and visit the state parks, Crystal River swimming with manatees, Miami area especially Bill Baggs State Park and the lighthouse, Lowry Zoo, Mote Aquarium, Seaworld.

Florida Newbie
    thank you for your useful information [msnsmile2]i apprectiate it this will help my research alot
    Emma Wilkins

If you are doing research Emma then don't forget to factor in how many times people have been to Florida. The pattern is very different between people who have been only 3/4/5 times to many of those who are on here who have been dozens of times.
    A first timer may have a whole different profile.
    I know you probably have thought of all this but just thought I would mention it.
    Angela