Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advanced Passenger Information

Florida Junior

Advanced Passenger Information

Hi,

I've noticed the API mentioned a few times in some of the topics. We have the ESTA forms completed, do we need to do anything else with regards to the API?

Thanks
    Karl

Florida Expert
    You have to contact the airline you are flying with to give them your API. They usually say you have to give this to them 72 hours or sooner before your flight date. You can go online with most carriers to put this info in.

Florida Junior
    Would our holiday company not supply this inforamation to them seeing as the flights where booked with them?
    Karl

Florida Expert
    If you booked at a travel agent in town they should do it for you but you would have to take all your party`s passports in to them as they need to have the passport numbers to do it.

Florida Junior
    Just as a sidenote, we have ESTA's from last year for Florida trip. I know the ESTA is valid for 2 years, but we are soon to go to California, before Florida again in October. Question is - Do I need to update on the ESTA for the Californis trip because the details of it were for Florida. Hope this makes sense [:I]

Florida Chatterbox
    The flight details and where you are staying in the US are optional details and do not need to be amended each time you travel.

Perhaps the ESTA combined with the API for each flight gives all the information that's needed.

Florida Junior
    Ah, okay, thanks for the advice. I will leave it at that then [msnsmile]

Florida Junior
    We are flying with continental and i've looked on their website and i can't find anywhere to put these API details!
    Karl

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by karl2000
    We are flying with continental and i've looked on their website and i can't find anywhere to put these API details!
    [/quote]
    It's unusual these days for a carrier not to allow this info to be input online, but I haven't flown Continental in years so maybe they just don't do it. Did you go into your booking entry before you looked? It doesn't usually show up unless you're actually in a booking that requires API.

If you can't do it online, the chances are you will be asked at check-in time. In fact most carriers seem to ask again at check-in even if you HAVE filled this info in online
    Keith

Florida Junior
    We booked through a holiday company and continental was the carrier chosen for us. Will it be a problen for us if we don't submit this information before we go?
    Karl