Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flights March/April 2012

Florida Expert
    I looked for some guests of ours this morning and there were indirect flights from Heathrow for around £620.

BA from Gatwick to Tampa – Direct out on 31/3 back 15/4 £785
    Orlando prices were higher and Virgin flights not yet out.

Have recently found Virgin to JFK and then JetBlue to MCO works well on price.

As it is Easter it will be a lot more expensive. good luck
    Steve

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Have recently found Virgin to JFK and then JetBlue to MCO works well on price.[/quote]

The problem with 'mixing' airlines is that a delayed flight, with either airline, that causes you to miss a connection, can create big problems. e.g. miss the JFK Virgin flight to UK and Virgin will not give you any priority regarding a later flight. There is also the luggage issue on return flights.

That is why if you are flying indirect it is IMO better to go with one of the US airlines(AA, US, Delta, Continental etc) or airlines in the same 'alliance' e.g. BA in the 'One World' Alliance.

Haave you tried skyscanner or Kayack?

Diane.[msnsmile2]

My son went to Orlando this easter and the prices were absolutely ridiculous, but by flying indirect and using one airline for the outbound trip- Air Canada and returning with another - Continental, both Star Alliance members if my memory serves me correctly, they saved a packet and 5 of them travelled for less than $3000.

They booked last September and used one of the online booking sites beginning with E[msnwink] They didn't actually book online, instead they contacted them by phone and an agent found them the cheapest deal[msnsmile]

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dynomike red
    We r looking to go 28th March till 14th April and flight prices from Manchester r not out yet. We put the 2 weeks before them dates and were getting prices from £530 direct to £490 1 stop, so here we r with fingers crossed that they will be the same price in 2 weeks time when the prices come out for our dates. I very much doubt it[msnmad]
    [/quote]
    Virgin's fares will be the same for a departure up to 29 March but your big problem is going to be the return on a Saturday within the Easter fare period and that will make it a lot higher - probably at least £200 each.

Do you know when the Easter fares end because if i can get a few extra days in Florida and also be outside the Easter fare prices that would be a bonus
    If Everton were playing in my back garden i would close the curtains
    (Shanks)

Flight prices are out for the above dates on Virgin Atlantic......
    £1086 PER PERSON [msnmad][msnmad][msnmad][msnmad]
    Holiday could be off, can not believe the prices have gone up so much[msnmad].
    Cheapest with one stop is £589 but the length of he whole flight is ridiculous[msnmad]
    If Everton were playing in my back garden i would close the curtains
    (Shanks)

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Hi Mike

Just priced US Airways to MCO via Philly from Manchester $893 (approx £558) for 16 nights. 28th March 2012.

We have next 2 trips booked with them. Not a bad route or flight time. Philly is a nice airport, Time to clear customs, get a bite, then down to MCO[msnsmile2]

Have used them numerous times now & not had a problem yet. (touch wood)[msnwink] And you get better baggage allowance than Virgin.

We usually arrive MCO about 6/6.30pm and as we arrive on an internal flight, clear bag collect/car hire very quick.

I hope you can find something that suits.
    mike

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by freddiehollie
    Hi Mike

Just priced US Airways to MCO via Philly from Manchester $893 (approx £558) for 16 nights. 28th March 2012.

[/quote]

Did that include taxes etc? I just put some random dates into the US Airways site, MAN-MCO, for April 2012 and it was around $970, but then I spotted it said plus taxes, so I went one screen further and it was around $1100, and then I ran away screaming!
    Dave.

Gold 5 Star Member
    You should be able to find lots of 1 stop itineraries with good connection times from Manchester to Orlando in the £550-650 range on your dates. Not cheap I agree, but at that time of year that's not too bad in today's fare environment.

I do understand why people prefer direct flights but many times more passengers make connections without any difficulty and save serious amounts of money by doing so. I honestly think you'll wonder why you haven't done it before if you try it.