Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mobile Phones - what do people do?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper
    &gt;&gt;Mobile Phones - what do people do?

Switch the damned thing off and enjoy the holiday. [msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

LOL - I know what you mean, but if we'd of done that he would still be wandering around Walmart trying to find me![msnwink]

Florida Chatterbox
    When we went last year I ordered 3 cheap payg phones off the Walmart website, we could pick which store to pick them up from. It cost approx £18 for the 3 phones then we just loaded them with $10. They were brilliant for keeping in touch with one another. We bought a phonecard to use to call home, very reasonable.
    Margaret

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    We bought a truphone sim for when we are out there and just use it as a mobile when we are out and about.

We have Vonage at the villa and it gives us free calls to 60 counties so that's brilliant

Sandra
    Sandra

Florida Expert
    We leave mobiles at home (1 comes with us to ring to get car when we arrive home but not used in US) and we have walkie talkies we bought years ago for in the parks which still serve us well. Villa number given for emergencies for family

Florida Junior
    I've seen walky-talkies mentioned in Forum, as a means to keep family members in contact around the park. I've also seen it said that they are no good or not effective.
    Anybody tried this ? If so, did it work, where did you buy them (in Florida I guess) and how much ?

wrpac00
    The cost of using a UK mobile phone in the US for calls and texts is very expensive, you are better off buying a cheap PAYG phone from Walmart.

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    We take our phones but just for texts-I don't think 35p per shot is dear for the amount of times we use them

Super Moderator
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jan111
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper
    &gt;&gt;Mobile Phones - what do people do?

Switch the damned thing off and enjoy the holiday. [msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

If you didn't have a daughter who wants to know if you're ok and what you're doing that would be a great solution [msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

In our case if we did not have sons who always seem to have a 'small problem' while we are away then a mobile phone would not be needed[msnsmile2]