Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Phones - what do people do?

Florida Chatterbox

Mobile Phones - what do people do?

I searched this topic but most of the results were threads going back 5 years or more.
    Last edited by Father; 04-01-2012 at 13:14.

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    We always take our own and use them there.

Never been a problem. We just dont use them to "surf the web" only used to phone or text.
    mike

We use our own phones whilst we there, but mainly just for texts if we loose one another (which we did in Walmart!!) I changed contracts last year and had to pay 3 months bills before they would allow me international roaming, so may be best to check your providers web site.

Diane.

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's a very similar picture to selecting what's best for the user in the UK. I have a US PAYG phone which I top up regularly and use very occasionally but am always glad I've got it when the need arises. I also take my UK phone as back up. Probably not the cheapest option but it suits my usage. YMMV.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by freddiehollie
    We always take our own and use them there.

Never been a problem. We just dont use them to "surf the web" only used to phone or text.
    [/quote]
    Yep, same here. Unless you are going crazy, the cost (for me anyway) is far out-weighed by the usefulness of just having the same phone(s) and not having to mess about with buying phones (and chargers), charge cards, SIM cards (with new numbers), whatever else, etc etc.
    Keith

Florida Chatterbox
    Two options that I've heard of in recent times, one is to buy a v cheap PAYG in any supermarket usually less than $20 (mine was only $11 Virgin) and use that if it is for keeping track of each other in parks and so on, the other is to go online and buy a simcard for use in the country you're visiting. I'm sure if you go on moneysavingexpert.com he has a whole load of advice about travelling with phones and it is up to date good advice we usually find - let him do the legwork!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    &gt;&gt;Mobile Phones - what do people do?

Switch the damned thing off and enjoy the holiday. [msnsmile2]
    Steve

Florida Newbie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper

[/quote]

If you didn't have a daughter who wants to know if you're ok and what you're doing that would be a great solution [msnsmile2]

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper

[/quote]

If it wasn't for the mobile phone, I wouldn't have a business, so could not afford to go on holiday[msnwink][msnwink]
    mike

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    We take our mobile phone as Graham is usually working 24/7 - but it's really only used for business - one of these days his clients/directors will maybe remember the 5 hour difference[msnmad] But normally we just use the Villa phone - we give our guests a $10 allowance per visit and since we installed this system over 3 years ago have never had any of my guests go over that. Obviously if they were using cell phone numbers it uses the allowance up a bit quicker - but if it's just phoning home to chat - it lasts a loooooong time! Jean