Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Hello again!

Florida Savvy

Hello again!

Hello everyone

This isn't so much a 'hello' post as a 'hello again'! My name's Kate, and I'm a student from Northern Ireland. My last trip to Orlando was in summer 2009, and I can honestly say it was one of the best experiences of my life! I used to come onto this forum and chat with all of you lovely people, and your advice, support and general kindness was invaluable.

Now, I'll have to say that I'm not going back to Orlando in the foreseeable future (sadly), but I really want to come back and participate in this forum. Last year we had two family deaths, so naturally the year was pretty awful. When I was thinking about what could make this year better (and calm me down in the run up to my A Levels and university planning!) I remembered this. I've never felt more at home or more welcome in an online forum than when I felt here - so thank you all for that!

Sorry for such a rambling post, but I am truly really glad to be back
    Kate.xo

Hello again, Kate, and welcome back! Glad you enjoy the forum.

So sorry to hear that you have had such a sad year. I know how you must be feeling in the run up to A Levels and University. It is really tough, but I am sure you will cope and enjoy your time at University.

I know my children felt that going to University was the best thing they ever did - apart from the debt! [msnwink]

And who knows, maybe you will be able to start thinking about your next Florida holiday, whenever that is - and you will be up-to-date with everything that is going on over in Orlando.

Good luck with the exams!
    ellie

Super Moderator
    Hi Katy, welcome back.

Sorry to hear that 2010 was such a sad year and hope this year will be filled with lots of happy memories.

We wish you good luck with your A levels and getting to university. What do you wish to study and where?

Our youngest is part way through his PhD and still having a great time. Only glad he is fully sponsered as the bank of Mum and Dad would be sadly depleted by now and no money left for us to go to Florida

Welcome back Katie, hopefully chatting on the OV forum will help you relax.
    So sorry to hear that you have had such a sad year in 2010.

Time to look forward to better times and some great A level results this year. Reminiscing about your 2009 Florida holiday will lift your spirits and who knows maybe sometime in the future, you will beable to visit Florida again. [msnsmile2]
    Barbara

Florida Savvy
    Thank you so much everyone, I'm so glad to be back on here also, thanks for the luck - I'm going to need it!!
    We were filling out finance forms yesterday, which was terrifying! As you said Ellie, debt debt debt!
    I've got an offer to do Modern Languages (French and Spanish) at Cambridge, so that's what I'm aiming for...but the grade requirements are quite high, so we'll have to see how it goes [msnscared] Eeeep!
    Kate.xo

Florida Savvy
    Welcome back Katey! Here's hoping that this year is an improvement on last. Good luck in your A levels, you have something to work towards and having a goal such as Cambridge is a great motivator to do well.

Florida Expert
    Hi Katey, great that you enjoy the forum so much. We can't go every year and I do find it gives me a bit of a Florida fix! Good luck with you exams. Know how stressful it can be; my daughter is doing GCSE's and that's bad enough. Good luck again

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Welcome Back Katey! [msnsmile2]

Hi Katey and welcome back to the forum!