Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planning a Florida Wedding!

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar

Planning a Florida Wedding!

Hi everyone, im looking for a little bit of advice. My fiance and i are planning on getting married in Florida in 2013/14. The idea is there but we literally have no idea where to start!

There are a few questions that i need answering:

1. Do we need any other permissions etc to get married in the USA other than the standard visa waiver/esta form?

2. I would want a religious ceremony, though not necessarily in a church - is this possible?

3. How are abroad weddings generally conducted? I mean, in terms of receptions etc - i would love to have an afternoon wedding, small wedding breakfast then visit one of the marks on the evening for fireworks and drinks etc

If anyone has planned a wedding in Florida before i'd love to hear from you. As ive mentioned, we just want to set the wheels in motion in terms of ideas and planning. Any help would be greatly appreicated [msnsmile2]

Wow -congratulations- sounds wonderful- don't have any info for you -but good luck and have fun with all your planning

wow!! we renewed our wedding vows last year and had an amazing time!, something we will remember forever as it was the best time of our lives!!
    we were already married so not sure on the legal stuff xxx
    Liesa

Thanks guys! were really excited to start planning, sooner or later we'll need to involve travel agents and hopefully they'll be clued up about this sort of thing, but obviously would love to hear of others' experiences getting married in the sunshine state. I have my heart set on the orlando area - we both love Florida so it makes sense [msnsmile2]

Virgin do an online Wedding Brochure that includes Florida. It may give you some ideas or information!
    Keith

Gold 5 Star Member
    You do need to get a license from the State of Florida to get married, but it may depend on your location as to exactly where you apply. I know one of the places was the Courthouse. If either of you has been married before you have to prove evidence of how the marriage ended, whether death/divorce etc.

Unlike the Uk where the venue has to be licensed in the US it is the Celebrant who has to be licensed which is why they are able to hold the ceremony in more places. Looking at something the other day and found the list of people who can perform weddings and was surprised to see it includes Notary Publics . I think they will also file the license after the wedding to make sure it is valid.

Do you have Sky TV? They are showing Four Weddings US and often the brides are from the Florida area (alse Bridezillas, they are often a good place to start and get some ideas. From looking at them they often have the Ceremony, then a cocktail hour with masses of food and then into dinner reception, which seems a bit of overkill for me, I think I'd be stuffed after the cocktail hour.

At least you have time to research and plan which should be good and if we can help along the way please sk.
    Babblin Boo

Thank you both, neither of us have been married before so thats something, and yes we have sky so will be sky+ing that!

I think were more likely to have the ceremony, champagne and nibbles and then perhaps all out to hotel/restaurant for a meal rather than a formal reception, I hope this isnt too unusual [msnsmile2]

Gold 5 Star Member
    That's the beauty of it though, it's your wedding and you can tailor it exactly how you want according to your guest list and budget. If there only going to be half a doxen people then you obviously dont need a ballroom but the wedding will be just as special for you both.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    Our friends daughter got married last October at our villa ( she had the white wedding with family traveling out to attend )and the minister came to the villa to marry them then they went out for a formal meal after drinks etc at the villa. Our other friends came out in August last year and got married on the spur of the moment, decided the day before to do it so we all got up the next day went down to the court house and they got married there and then. Great fun and no time for nerves etc. Both ways was very easy to arrange.

Florida Chatterbox
    My daughter got married in Orlando last December, she used a wedding planner from a web site she found. She had the wedding at the Disney Swan with cake and bubbly afterwards, then we went back to the villa for more eats and drinks. We went out for a formal meal in the evening, it was a lovely day. Not sure if I'm allowed to post the web site on here but DM me and I'll send you it if you're interested.
    Happy planning!!
    Margaret