Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Monarch to Sanford

Florida Chatterbox

Monarch to Sanford

Dear all

For the first time we are flying via Mon to Sanford. As part of the booking package they (Monarch) wanted to charge us £18.00 each (x 5) for the privilege of being allocated seating together.

Question.

Has anyone else used this carrier recently and how important is it to pay this fee We intend to drive to atwick v early and before check in starts.

Cheers

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    I flew to Cyprus with them a couple of weeks ago-we didn't pay it and took the chance although there were only 2 of us-we had no problems-I suppose the question is- how important is it to you? They will do everything they can to seat you together but with 5 you might be split in groups eg 3 and 2 which wouldn't be problem for me-I'd rather keep my £90!

On a secondary point-I really, really object to charges like this as in my opinion the price quoted should be what you pay

Florida Expert
    We have never been seated apart on a Monarch plane but have when we had pre selected our seats on a Virgin plane.

We have used Monarch in the past and have always been seated together.
    Jim

Gold 5 Star Member
    Is that £15 each way? BA do it so why not Monarch I suppose. [msnsad]

Florida Savvy
    Just a tip,if you travelling with chirldren like us they cannot seat you seperatley......like us when we flew monarch to marbella last year.....they soon changed it when had my daughter sitting away from us...its pathetic another easy way for them to make money...[msnmad]

Florida Expert
    Never paid it and never would either, it's a con.

A lot of carriers now charge for all sorts of extras. In flight meals is one to watch out for, especially on the charter airlines.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham