Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Completing ESTA for all the family

Florida Chatterbox

Completing ESTA for all the family

Ok - so this is new to me so bear with me.

I will be completing ESTAs for me, Mrs M and the three boys. When it comes to the 'I agree to all the terms and declare I have answered truthfully' how does that work if all I am doing is filling in 5 sets of details and answering the questions 5 times.

The old green form (If I remeber) had me signing for the boys and the wife signing here own.

Sorry if I is being thick innit!

Florida Chatterbox
    Had to fill 9 of them in for all of us and I answered on their behalf. All the details were the same and I had to do it for the kids anyway.
    Garry Pullan

Are you not answering truthfully all 5 times then?

Seriously this isn't an issue. I can't see that the US expects children to fill in their own ESTA registrations. And there are many organisations that offer to do it for you (for a fee, of course!).

I've also done it for my parents, who have no access to a computer - and who wouldn't even know what to do with it even if they had access.

Fill it in for everyone, forget about it, and look forward to your holiday! [clap]
    Keith

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    I agree with previous poster, don't worry about it [msnsmile]

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks that is helpful.

So as I understand it. I apply separately for each member of the family.

I am not in a position to do it right now as our passports expire in Nov/Oct and as we travel in August I thought I should renew before we go. I will then apply for ESTA for each person with a new passport reference.

What happens after that?

Do I get an acknowledgement which I print and take to check in at gatwick and also to US Imgration?

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    I just make a note of the reference number and expiry date slip it in my wallet then forget it-you don't need to produce anything anywhere it's picked up when they swipe your passport at immigration.

You need the reference number if you want to update your ESTA registration in future (eg to change info on flight, accommodation etc). But this is option, you don't HAVE to change ti each time you travel.

Otherwise as Albert says, you don't need to print anything, nor show it to anyone. The airline will probably ask at check-in if you've done it, so just say yes. In any case this will be verified when they enter your passport details into their check-in system (actually sooner if you've filled in the online APIS data). Immigration in the US will get all the data when they scan your passport.
    Keith