Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant.com Sale

Florida Chatterbox

Restaurant.com Sale

I registered with the above last night and bought a $50 gift certificate for House Of Blues for $4. Just enter SAVE into the promo box when checking out. I gave a zip code of the villa but nothing gets sent to you so any zip would do i guess.

I then emailed them for a reservation and got the exact date and time i wanted with a reply around 30 minutes after submitting.

I emailed them to tell them i had a $50 gift certificate and they said that's all fine just let your server know the 1st time they come to your table.

Rules are that we need to spend over $100 (there are 9 of us so no problem there) and that an 18% tip will be added to the bill (again 9 of us so that's the norm for parties over 6 people).

There are loads more restaurants on there for all over the USA. Sounds good and all seems to check out when i contacted House Of Blues.

There is also an option for a $25 gift certificate for $2 with a much less minimum spend.

Not sure whether the minimum spend includes drinks or not but if you're spending over the minimum it doesn't matter anyway.

Anyone used restaurant dot com before? I will report on how we got on in a few weeks time.
    Garry Pullan

Gold 5 Star Member
    sounds good
    Jan&Steve

Gold 5 Star Member
    We use it all the time, and it does what it says. Never had a problem using the gift certificates.

Always check the minimum requirements for each restaurant as they are different, but it is a great offer and allows us to try lots of different restaurants that we perhaps would not have bothered with.

Enjoy [msnsmile2]
    Rosie

Gold 5 Star Member
    We'll have 9 of us for about a week in June so I've got $50 for $4 a couple of weeks ago for Giordannos Pizza and Fat Boys BBq (we've heard it was good but never tried it) and also th eHouse of Blues one but only got the $25 for $2 (minimum send $35) as there'll probably be only 3 of us going there.

They do ask you to tip on the full amount not the discounted which (provided we get the service is fine by us).
    I also got a few of the Restaurant do com gifts cards at $25 for $2 as I figured if there are any deals later then I can use them even if the offer isnt on at the time.

thye even had $80 off some of the Disney restaurants a few weeks ago not sure if they still do?
    Babblin Boo

We've also used the certificates at several restaurants and it's a great way to try out new places. We've never had a problem using them and have always felt they were welcomed.

Steph, we used a certificate at Fat Boys last week, we'd never been there so we thought we'd give it a try. We ordered the platter which consisted of ribs, chicken, beef, pork and turkey and a few sides. The food was really nice and the service very friendly. A friend had told us they didn't like the food when they went last year, but I'm glad I tried it and would go again with or without a certificate.

Yes they do still have several Disney ones, although $25 certificates are the only ones available at the moment.
    Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thanks Sarah
    That's good to know. It's always a gamble if you havent been somewhere so it helps if someone has had a good meal, although it's always only as good as the chef on the day.

We bought some of the gift cards at $2 so for example if we use one of them valued at $25 for a gift card for Disney (at the moment they are showing at $10 for a $25 voucher but may change when put in the basket with the code, even if it doesnt decuct it then from the $25 voucher we will have spent $10 so still have $15 to use and will have a $25 voucher for Disney. Not sure that make sense but I know what I mean.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    That sounds great, will be checking it out [msnsmile2]

Florida Chatterbox
    Sounds good, but are there any restaurant near davenport?

There are restaurants all over and there is a wide selection within 10-20 miles of Davenport. You just need to put the zip code in for where you are staying and you can narrow it down to restaurants within 5 miles, 10 miles, 20 miles etc.

Zip codes can be a little misleading though, we have two homes - one has a zip code for Kissimmee but that zip code covers a huge area and we are around 18 miles away from Kissimmee itself. Our other home has a zip code of Winter Garden, but we are actually off the US-192 in Kissimmee west. It can get a little confusing if you don't know the area, but you can always ask on here.
    The zip code for Kissimmee is 34747 and the zip code for Davenport is 33836.
    Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    we're Davenport and our zip code is 33897 (used to be 33837)
    Babblin Boo