Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: What's Closed?

Florida Newbie

What's Closed?

On our way to Florida in just over three weeks [msnsmile2]
    My daughter is 5 years old and loves the Magic Kingdom but somebody has told me lots of rides are closed in Toon Town and the area with all the children's rides e.g. Its a small world, Dumbo and Teacups etc...
    Does anybody know exactly what is open and what is closed? [chatter]
    Thanks for all your help in advance
    [grouphug]

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Im sure if you visit the disney wepage and look under 'opening times' there is information about any scheduled or ongoing closures.

Hope this helps [msnsmile]

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Disney are on a massive expansion in Fantasyland. Don't think it includes Small World.

From the pictures I've seen its around Ariels Grotto/100 Acre Wood & yes Mickeys Toon Town Fair.[msnsad]

On a good note when completed there will be loads more to see & do.[msnsmile2]

The Princesses & Fairies have moved to other parks (Epcot & Hollywood Studios I think) so you can catch up with them there.[msnwink]
    mike

When we were there in January, the construction walls went from The restrooms at Pinochios all the way to Toontown. The only ride affected at that time was Goofys Barnstormer. The other areas of Fantasyland were not affected
    Angela

Florida Expert
    Anyone know when it is scheduled for completion?

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Scheduled to open in phases beginning in late 2012.

New rides including :-Under the Sea > Journey of the Little Mermaid, The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, The Great Goofini. (Formally Goofy's Barnstormer)

Buildings including :- The castle of the Beast, Belle’s cottage and Enchanted Tales with Belle, Princess Fairytale Hall, Storybook Circus, etc

Openings going on into 2013. So it's a major improvement.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
    mike

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Im very excited to go back and see this! I didnt realise they were developing so much [msnsmile2]

Florida Chatterbox
    Does anyone know where we can see Mickey and Minnie in Magic Kingdom??

We are there at the end of the month and obviously can no longer go to Toon Town.
    Garry Pullan

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Toon Town is closed (never to reopen) Mickey & Minnie are all over the park at the moment but they will be having a permanent home on Main Street soon. All other rides, Small world, Winnie the Pooh etc are open as usual, we were there on Monday and it was veryyyy busy. Home tomorrow[msnsad]
    Lyn

Interestingly, they are due to put meet and greet on the fast pass programme. Mickey will be available in town square on the fast pass system sometime this spring.
    Angela